The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-10-2024, 01:53 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsum View Post
In her other video you can see that she uses Boss DS-1 Distortion and EHX 720 Stereo Looper pedals. And possibly some other ones.
Her Cole Clark Fat Lady 2 guitar (I think they now call this model FL2EC-BLBL-HUM) has also dual output so the humbucker pickup goes through the distortion pedal and the second channel is used for more acoustic and percussive sound.
Monsum, do you know of other guitar companies that have a dual output on an essentially acoustic guitar?
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 04-10-2024, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
Monsum, do you know of other guitar companies that have a dual output on an essentially acoustic guitar?
There used to be an Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE which had two outputs for its two pickups - a magnetic and UST pickup.
Currently Ibanez makes some dual output acoustic guitars as well.
Old 04-10-2024, 05:12 PM

Karen,
I don't know how she is getting that sound, but thanks for posting the video. It was quite enjoyable.

Tom
Old 04-10-2024, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsum View Post
There used to be an Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE which had two outputs for its two pickups - a magnetic and UST pickup.
Currently Ibanez makes some dual output acoustic guitars as well.
Thanks, Monsum. I'll look into it.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 04-10-2024, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJN View Post
Karen,
I don't know how she is getting that sound, but thanks for posting the video. It was quite enjoyable.

Tom
Glad you enjoyed it, Tom.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification