The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Musical minimalist

Default Eastman E10D w/K&K and modifications - SOLD - SOLD

I've had this one back for a few months now, bought it back from a forum member after I sold my Charis dread to fill the void. I remembered it being quite nice before I sent it off and I was correct.

When I had it the first time I was doing my oval upper bout ports and hadn't ventured into the dual port realm yet. Since it was impossible to do the oval port via the method I use on the lower bout, I tried to do something that was in the same shape and size roughly and it came out pretty well, both aesthetically and tonally.

I've also modified the braces on this one - they are WAY overbuilt from the factory. I focused almost completely on the lower part of the X around the bridge and the tone bar closest to the bridge. The bracing is still quite substantial - I'll post a couple of pictures of the current status. I also reduced the thickness of the bridge itself and smoothed out the sharp edges...it was very, very thick initally. The saddle has had some fine compensation to get the intonation dialed in as closely as possible.

The results of these mods are pretty astounding. This guitar sent a newer D18 and D18GE packing - wasn't even close. This was louder with more presence and punch. I thought I'd hang onto this for a long time, but there are several reasons I'm letting it go, one being the nut width and saddle spacing - I'm just so in tune with (and spoiled by) my wider custom guitars. I guarantee the person who gets it will wonder how I could send it down the road!

I've added the K&K pure mini, abalone dot bridge pins and a nice elliptical strap button on the neck heel.

This guitar mics really well, sounds great plugged in and is incredibly balanced. It handles standard tuning, loves to go down a half step, and does DADGAD/fingerstyle with very pleasing results. It really is one of the most versatile instruments I've had here that wasn't a custom build.

Regarding condition - The only thing to mention is the original owner was evidently an aggressive strummer and there were some pic marks below the soundhole. I've buffed the entire body out 4-5 times and unless you are in very bright light looking on an angle you won't see them. Other than that, a very clean instrument that will make you shake your head.

1 3/4 nut - 2 5/32 saddle - 25.5 scale. Original case in at least 9/10 condition. Nice tall saddle with current setup at 5/64 and 4/64. The one thing that is also wonderful about this instrument (unlike many Asian guitars) is that the frets are pretty much perfect - nothing high or unseated. This allowed me to take the setup down that low.

I'm pricing this very fairly as I was the recipient of a great deal this morning (see my post in Open Mic) on a road bike that was unexpected. The forum has been good to me over the years and in the spirit of Christmas I'd like to get this to someone who will really appreciate it at a very nice price.

695 plus actual shipping on my Fedex account to the CONUS only. Paypal is fine.

NO TRADES PLEASE

Here's a recording I did with it when I had it the first time - it's just got much more of everything now. The guitar is mixed back a little, but you can get an idea of the balance and timbre of the instrument.

https://app.box.com/file/46676925793

Last edited by fitness1; 03-30-2022 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Charter Member

That's a WHOLE lot of guitar for that money. Best of luck Todd.

Happy holidays. Hope 2018 is your best year yet.
Brent
Old 12-24-2017, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Awesome deal on a beautiful, unique dreadnought!
Outstanding seller also...
Can't go wrong on this one!
Todd, GLWYS!

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...
Old 01-19-2018, 03:15 PM
Musical minimalist

Spent a couple hours A/B/C ing my steel strings - was on the verge of pulling this again, but my better judgement prevailed.

If you like dreads, you'll be VERY hard pressed to get a better value.

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars