The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-22-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukie View Post
I walked into Gruhn's and an employee welcomed me and told me to play anything in the store I wanted to try. I was blown away by their friendliness and customer service.
I always (on those infrequent times I can get there) have a similar experience at Elderly Instruments. Amazing number and variety of instruments (if a little light on carbon fiber) all available with knowledgeable staff at the ready to help (but pretty much only if asked). Marshall Music, another Michigan company with several locations, seems similar though with less depth in stock. Recognizing the strains and difficulties of the brick and mortar store in this internet age, I think these kind of stores offer so much more, and if you check will often be at the same or close enough price point as the inline store. They seem to sell a lot of instruments...and I have purchased from both.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

My advice to a music store owners would be to sell the store and get into other ways of making money.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 03-22-2018, 02:09 PM

If I'm seriously interested in a guitar and think the strings are past their prime, I'll buy a set and have the owner install them. I don't think one can reasonably expect brand new strings on every guitar in the store, and even less can one expect every guitar to be in tune.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:06 PM

Allen Music in Paducah, Kentucky. (Midway between St. Louis and Nashville). A great family business that treats customers in an excellent manner. They are a Taylor and Martin dealer. Lots of guitars available to play. Stop by - you will enjoy their hospitality. I have traded and purchased there and always was pleased with their way of conducting business.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion