The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-04-2015, 09:10 AM

I had a look at those videos and thought Cakewalk has a nerve charging for them when the manuals and built in help system barely scratch the surface.

They really should be free.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 05-04-2015, 09:15 AM

I agree, although in the latest monthly upgrade from Sonar, they did upgrade the Help section of the program. I have downloaded all of the upgrades, but I haven't looked in the help file to see the changes yet. I have the Sonar Professional version. (middle level)

Play What Ya Got!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:31 AM
Charter Member

Thank you so much for all your input.

Quote:
finding info specific to "Sonar Artist" maybe difficult.
The videos look promising.

Quote:
They really should be free.
I have mixed feelings about them charging, it is a business.

I'm like a deer in the headlights at this point.
Almost 30 years ago my wife and I began preparing taxes and I remember thinking the same thing about the Internal Revenue Code! Well, it has been a journey that has brought us to where we are today.
I am going to treat the learning of Sonar the same way.

BTW, Sonar has got to be a lot easier than the I.R.C. they are all over the place!

Thanks again for all your input.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:43 AM

You've got some good sources of Sonar info here. I just wanted to add to the list.

Check out groove3.com. They have 7 or 8 Sonar videos of various versions and a bunch of other recording and mixing videos that can be really helpful. You can either buy the videos outright or join the site for $15 a month and have total access to every video on the site at any time. I have Sonar Platinum (Dorchester release) and love it. Been a Sonar user since version 8.0. Hope this helps and now let's go make some great music.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcstringer413 View Post
You've got some good sources of Sonar info here. I just wanted to add to the list.

Check out groove3.com. They have 7 or 8 Sonar videos of various versions and a bunch of other recording and mixing videos that can be really helpful. You can either buy the videos outright or join the site for $15 a month and have total access to every video on the site at any time. I have Sonar Platinum (Dorchester release) and love it. Been a Sonar user since version 8.0. Hope this helps and now let's go make some great music.
Good info. Thank you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD