The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Default Putting another one to bed

I had a series of those protracted jobs that overlapped each other starting about four weeks ago. As the work progressed I ended up taking five guitars and the associated accessories and gear to work so I could easily do the tracks and overdubs as I transitioned from one job to the next. Let me tell you, my little guitar room has felt pretty empty for a while.

Last night my wife and I took the SUV over to the studio and did the load-out, and boy, I can't express how nice it was to have her help! That was a lot of poop to transfer. All gear except one guitar is back in the home studio, home and dry. I haven't yet had time to connect up the amps and get everything set so that I can just grab a guitar, switch on, and play. Soon.

(Just the guitars...)

This morning the client came in to hear the last of the mixes I finished up Tuesday. The products were the zydeco and country songs I mentioned a while back. If you've forgotten (and it is likely), you can read about the sessions at my website, HERE. In the interim I had brought in an excellent vocalist and flute player and recorded both voice and flute versions of the songs. These will be going into a teaching DVD as memorization tools so there's the vocal version to teach and the flute version to recite. That vocalist/flutist was such a joy to work with. She's one of these people who just comes in, clears her throat, runs a couple of scales, and says, "Are we ready?" No "getting in the mood" or excessive warm-up. Cheerful, craftsman-like, professional. We need more like her.

So this morning the client listened to the mixes and was thrilled with the outcome. She'll be back with a couple more pieces in a few weeks. The good will just brought the series of projects to a cool, upbeat ending with more to come in the future. Very nice.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 05-07-2015, 10:53 AM

i'm envious!

good for you. glad to hear that you get involved with different styles of music and the use of different instruments. wish there were more like you instead of people sticking with one style only.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 05-07-2015, 11:28 AM

Default Putting another one to bed

Excellent! Gives me hope for my never ending (seemingly!) project to reach a conclusion one of these days...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD