The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 11-24-2016, 05:21 PM

Default Who hangs their metal guitars on the wall?

I just can seem to do it... I know they can take it with no problem. Especially with the neck stick being attached in two places, and the "neck/fingerboard block" attachment being perpendicular to the forces of the hang. Most of mine are lighter than a lot of Les Pauls I encounter, but I just can't do it!!!!!

I'm about to break down and hang my style N for quick access in the bed room. Just interested in seeing how many of ya'll do it.
Old 11-25-2016, 12:40 AM

No - in fact I don't hang any of my guitars on the wall. I just have stands all over the house.
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 11-26-2016, 01:00 PM

I attached two 1 x 4 cedar stringers to the interior wall studs in my music room with spax screws. I installed several adjustable wall hangers to the stringers for a total of14 instruments hanging up in my temperature and humidity controlled room. I've got fiddles, mandos, guitars and some heavier instruments (26" scale carved archtop 10 string mandocello, resonator banjo) with no problems now for three years. I'm confident this would support a full metal resonator guitar. This is the most compact and easy way I've found to keep multiple instruments in optimum conditions yet ready to play at the same time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments