The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-14-2023, 03:33 AM

Default Yairi nylon-string models' 'order of superiority'

Hi all

I acquired a lovely S Yairi 1974 'Concert' nylon acoustic made for B&M, and I love it (much cheaper than anything new in my budget and the build quality is amazing).

I was looking around at S Yairi classical nylon string guitars and see model names like 'Concert', 'Soloist' and 'Virtuoso' (there may be more in the line-up he made?) and I wondered if anyone knew of the meaning of the various names for the guitars in the S Yairi range from the 1970s?

Thanks for any info.
Old 01-03-2024, 07:42 PM

Default S. Yairi F-2 1974

Hello
I’m wondering how you went with info on your guitar ?
Is yours a flamenco?
Struggling here to identify my similar model as subject line above 🙏
Old 03-12-2024, 12:11 AM

Hi, no luck I'm afraid. Mine's not flamenco, it's a standard classical nylon string. Good luck with yours.
Old 03-12-2024, 06:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingyangboy View Post
Hi all

I acquired a lovely S Yairi 1974 'Concert' nylon acoustic made for B&M, and I love it (much cheaper than anything new in my budget and the build quality is amazing).

I was looking around at S Yairi classical nylon string guitars and see model names like 'Concert', 'Soloist' and 'Virtuoso' (there may be more in the line-up he made?) and I wondered if anyone knew of the meaning of the various names for the guitars in the S Yairi range from the 1970s?

Thanks for any info.

Have you looked over on the DelCamp forum? There are whole threads dedicated to aficionados of Japanese build guitars. Someone will likely have more information there.

For example:

https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.c...c.php?t=111723

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion