The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 07-25-2014, 05:02 AM

Default Guitar form Spain - Manual Nunez

Has anyone heard of a online guitar retailer called Guitar from Spain operated by Manual Nunez? Website: www.guitarsfromspain.com. I am considering buying a classical guitar and wish to know if he's legit. Please advise.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:56 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

I haven't heard of them, but some of the instruments listed there are known to me, and they appear to have a real brick and mortar location in FL, which is always a good sign in my book. Hopefully someone else will have something useful to add!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:03 PM

Valencia factory guitars.. not bad but nothing special.

Vicente Carrillo is listed but no guitars. I bought one and returned it. Poorly made and completely misrepresented. Not purchased form this company.
Carrillo has a checkered reputation.

Saez built guitars for the MUSICLINK in So San Franciso labled Artista Lucida or Lucida Artista.. decent factory made guitars.
Adelaid runs one of the big factories and has some of the workers make guitars with his name. Still factory.

Brick and mortar is not guarantee of quality or value.

Another US option is Zavaletas Guitars; excellent reputation higher quality.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:35 PM

First off, I have not stake in the store I am recommending.

If you are looking for a guitar made in Spain, find Maple Street guitars and ask about their Alhambra line. The guitars are made in Spain, built very well, have a very good sound and are also loud.

I had 4k and went on a three month long search for a good guitar. I tried a custom built, the new Cordoba Torres and Rodriguez model (Rodriguez was close), and finally stopped looking when I tried the Alhambra. I bought the 9p just last week (just over 2k). It compares very well side-by-side with my teachers Ramirez Segovia model. It is just as loud with a similar tone.

The classical guy at Maple Street seems to know how to interpret what the buyer wants. He did a very good job with me.

If you like a Spanish sound you will find it in the Alhambra guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical