The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-05-2016, 08:55 PM
G625 mistral-k

Default NGD - Pre-owned Bourgeois OM Madagascar/Italian

I've been looking to add a guitar and this pre-owned Bourgeois guitar was one of two at the top the list. My better half (who also plays guitar) & I live and work out two homes approximately 1,300 miles apart so adding a guitar would minimize how much we travel with an instrument.

I was surfing the net last weekend and then wow, there it was, and it was pre-owned and back at Redwood Acoustics where I had seen it listed when it was new. I called the shop owner, Tom Dircks, first thing on Monday morning, and by the end of the call, we had agreed on a shipping day as I was going to be out of town most of the week, so we shipped the guitar to my next door neighbor.

The tone produced by the combination of Madagascar and Bearclaw Italian is absolutely magical. This guitar is simply loaded with MOJO! It is perfectly balanced with deep low end growl, beautiful mids, and sweet trebs and the sustain is incredible.

The specs can be found in the link below

http://www.redwoodacoustics.com/bour...tring-spacing/

It has the most beautiful creamy white bear claw pattern top. I tried to capture the pattern as best possible.

Last edited by Basalt Beach; 04-03-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

That's a very sweet guitar. Looking at your sig, you're no stranger to the family. Congratulations & enjoy.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:42 PM

WOW! Congrats!
Old 02-05-2016, 10:18 PM

It's rare that I come across someone with more Bourgeois guitars than I've got, but you have me bested, and that's a beauty.

Bourgeois, Collings, Eastman, Gibson, Martin
Old 02-05-2016, 10:38 PM

Congratulations! That is one gorgeous OM. Enjoy!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:01 AM
G625 mistral-k

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygenman View Post
It's rare that I come across someone with more Bourgeois guitars than I've got, but you have me bested, and that's a beauty.
Thanks, you have some real beauties too. We jumped on this rare find, so very soon we will have to let one go, and then when the day comes for us to consolidate back into one home, we will have to make some very tough decisions.

Last edited by Basalt Beach; 02-06-2016 at 10:07 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion