The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-06-2018, 12:15 PM

Default *** SOLD *** Pre-War Guitar Co SJ

Perhaps you've heard the buzz about Pre-War Guitar Co and with good reason, they are making fabulous instruments. Currently you can wait 7 months or so and get one from Gryphon, Elderly, Carter Vintage, or Lowe or order direct
https://www.pre-warguitars.com/

Or you can get this fantastic specimen now for $$$$ shipped CONUS

Baked Adi top, Granadillo Back and Sides. Other specs below, but first let me share this:

This was recently owned by Nashville guitarist Trey Hensley. Here is a video of Trey playing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfL7Hx3Wd20

Here is what Trey had to say when he was selling it (and I bought it)
Hey everybody...I have up for sale my Pre-War Guitars J Model (which is labeled as SJ Prototype) that I bought a little while back from Wes and Ben. This guitar was built in November of 2017. It's seriously one of the finest guitars I've ever played. It has a Torrified Adirondack Spruce top, Granadillo band and sides, Honduran Mahogany neck, bone nut and saddle, and has a distress level of 2.25. It also has an LR Baggs Lyric pickup professionally installed by the guitar master, John Arnold. It is in excellent shape, other than a tiny ding in the back of the neck and also a tiny crack beside the input jack. I've included pictures of both, but the dings are so small it's hard to capture in a photograph. It comes shipped in the original hard shell case. Why am I selling? Unfortunately, over the past year or so I seemed to have developed some arthritis in my left hand which has made me, by necessity, really picky about guitar necks and string widths. I've never owned a Gibson style guitar, as I've mostly been a Martin guy my entire life and I've only played guitars with chunky Martin-style necks. I really hate to see this guitar go, I've used on a lot of sessions already and quite a bit live. It's a monster!

I had been thinking about ordering a Pre-War Single 0 and these PW's don't come up for sale often used, so when Trey posted this I jumped on it. Love it, but just too big for my preference, so going to sell and fund a PW small body.

Last edited by lcgeek; 03-09-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:05 PM

Bumper for that vintage tone

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars