The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-29-2015, 06:44 PM

Default Street Cube Trick

One thing I noticed with the Street Cube and CUBE EX is - anything you INPUT to them with an XLR connector - IF you place the " LIL IMP " Transformer XLR Female to 1/4 inch male, and input the 1/4 inch male, the volume is twice as loud ? It really makes the CUBES PUMP ? I Dont know if there is an inherent Impedence mismatch, and this corrects it , but it certainly makes even the little Street Cube VERY VERY LOUD ... USE AT YOU OWN RISK ...
Old 07-29-2015, 10:51 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTrap999 View Post
One thing I noticed with the Street Cube and CUBE EX is - anything you INPUT to them with an XLR connector - IF you place the "LIL IMP" Transformer XLR Female to 1/4 inch male, and input the 1/4 inch male, the volume is twice as loud? It really makes the CUBES PUMP?
I'm confused.... Why are these questions?

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic
Old 07-31-2015, 08:38 AM

Default Musta

Musta hit wrong punctuation ...Did some experimenting with the EX and not too pleased with acoustic sound , everything else sounds good tho .. have to run acoustic thru mic side // to get a clean sound , the CMOS stuff is a waste , maybe ok for electric but not acoustic ..MP3 player loud , Vocals loud , acoustic , iffy at best ...
Old 07-31-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTrap999 View Post
Musta hit wrong punctuation ...Did some experimenting with the EX and not too pleased with acoustic sound , everything else sounds good tho .. have to run acoustic thru mic side // to get a clean sound , the CMOS stuff is a waste , maybe ok for electric but not acoustic ..MP3 player loud , Vocals loud , acoustic , iffy at best ...
So not loud is the problem? What settings are you using? Do you have an external preamp? Don't use the acoustic sim. A-Guitar only if you are plugging in acoustic. What power setting are you using? It does make a difference in available volume.

Also you basically need to run the volume on the Amp input up to about 3/4 to get a usable volume. And I have found that is actually a usable volume for my needs depending on the venue and the power setting. Still it may not be loud enough for your needs.

hunter

Last edited by zhunter; 07-31-2015 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:27 PM

Default Running

Running Fg730S with LR Baggs MI ( PASSIVE ) in New SANSAMP PARA DRIVER .....And I think was OP ERROR as I did not realize ONE TINY Button on SANSAMP Needed to be pushed in or you lost 10 db OUTPUT .....WAS What was Happening ...Ran Full power today on Batterys and moved it back AWAY From me 10 feet - , Volume much better , but oh - ran on CLEAN setting , only lil reverb ..SANSAMP tames it rather well , but it's no SOLO AMP on Acoustic guitar sound ...as one said ,,gets by ... that's about it .. Vocals with VE-5 and new E/V mic are super loud and clear ..AMP DOES NOT emulate a real acoustic guitar sound
...NO Would not run on "simulator "...Gonna pop a K & K into another 730 next week and see if that sounds any better, may be the mag pickup ??

Update EDIT .. Alot to do with M1 passive pick up . POLES were BACKED WAyyyy out too far - causing some kind of overload and not clean sounding notes ...screwed them back in - - and huge difference in tone , sounds much better ...

Last edited by SpiderTrap; 08-01-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:44 PM

Default Battery BOX

Also ordered EXTRA " Battery Box " for the EX From ROLAND
Phone 323-890-3771 (PARTS) $40 total includes shipping .. So New - the EX They couldn't locate it in their System ?? Had to find PAPERWORK on it ...?
Were gonna sent Battery COVER for Regular Street Cube .. No No .....
Alot of Confusion .. took about 20 minutes ...Make SURE They Know Exactly what you are asking for ...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification