The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-18-2015, 11:15 PM

Default Bed Sitting

Out of curiosity, does anyone casually sit on their bed or couch to play? I enjoy playing classical guitar as much as anyone else, but the classical position can be tiring over time. I sometimes like to just play repertoire or sight read on my bed. Does anyone else do something similar?
Old 09-23-2015, 03:49 PM

I sit on my bed to play 99% of the time as the room acoustics are best in my bedroom, otherwise I like to play outside on the veranda (wink!) Backyard under a maple shade tree looking on the garden sitting in a lawn chair. *Not my house: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...43131459486574
Old 09-24-2015, 09:03 PM

I used to, a long time ago, but it contributed to difficulty getting to sleep when I wanted to sleep! So now I only sleep on my bed (well, almost only) and I get to sleep much faster.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:35 AM

Straight back chair, foot rest to elevate left leg or device to raise guitar neck, ( strap or other) to proper height. Some may develop back problems with one leg raised. For me bed and couch cushions do not provide enough support to play for longer periods of time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical