The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-21-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjthePhD View Post
I have no idea about the science; I just know that in terms of playability, it has a looser feel than most guitars that I have played. It is easier to fret and to make the notes ring. It is just my impression, and maybe it has nothing to do with string tension, but I know what I feel.

For what it is worth, I also feel a significant difference between guitars with 1-23/32" and those with 1-3/4" nut widths; many people do not. I also hear a significant difference with wooden guitars by switching the end pins from plastic or tusq to bone (and that difference can be good or bad); many people do not. They are just my impressions, but I know what I feel and hear.
Fair enough!

Jim
Old 02-24-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdamato View Post
My wish list:

Smaller (OM) Body Shape

Great Non Amplified and amplified tone

Lighter string tension from standard acoustics (Shorter Scale???)

Under $2500.00

Anything out there fit the bill??

Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions.

Ron
Based on those criteria, the Rainsong CH-OM1000NS fits your bill exactly. It's a comfortable, slim OM body. Unidirectional carbon top makes for incredibly expressive and responsive acoustic tone, and the LR Baggs system is plug-n-play. It's a shorter scale, 12-fret neck. And street price comes WAAAY under your budget.

If you want a step up in the Rainsong world, the C-OM1000NS would be great. I believe that's what another member just ended up with, and he sounds VERY happy.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:36 PM
Charter Member

Wow!! Thanks for all the great ideas.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:11 PM

Based on your budget you have quite a few CF's to choose from. I did a lot of research before buying my first CF guitar. I bought a RainSong Hybrid Series H-OM1000N2. Out of the box it needed a full setup to get it to be playable but now it is really a great guitar. MF is running a 15% off deal right now and that gave me the opportunity to upgrade from my original choice of a CH-OM to the H-OM. I'd give this model a try.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber