The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-08-2018, 03:54 PM

Just to update, I purchased a discounted A3 from American Musical Supply and sat with it late into the wee hours of the morning. Sadly, I was never that impressed with it and didn't find any significant gains or improvement to my passive Baggs pickups that I didn't get with my normal PADI. So, I'll be returning it this week.

I will say that I really liked the potential of the unit but in the end, the tone just didn't do it for me. At my gig Saturday I used both of my guitars into two PADIs and it sounded better, to my ears at least. It was definitely simpler.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic
Old 01-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrErikJ View Post
Just to update, I purchased a discounted A3 from American Musical Supply and sat with it late into the wee hours of the morning. Sadly, I was never that impressed with it and didn't find any significant gains or improvement to my passive Baggs pickups that I didn't get with my normal PADI. So, I'll be returning it this week.

I will say that I really liked the potential of the unit but in the end, the tone just didn't do it for me. At my gig Saturday I used both of my guitars into two PADIs and it sounded better, to my ears at least. It was definitely simpler.
I'm confused. Was it the A3 you purchased? I thought you were interested in the AC-3.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdog49 View Post
I'm confused. Was it the A3 you purchased? I thought you were interested in the AC-3.
I was but I mentioned in one of the many posts here that I was curious to try the A3 as it had more features and the ability to be programmed. The AC3 is intended to be an update of the A3 and resembles Baggs and Fishman preamps more than the A3 did. However, it didn't really do it for me.

Because of that, I have lost interest in the AC2 and AC3 as they're simplified updates to the A3.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification