The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-28-2017, 03:06 PM

I own, use the AD10. It has replaced my pedal board and really have no complaints other than I wish the looper could undo/redo
It's built well, the switches feel strong, the delay & boost are excellent.
The chorus is very subtle but I have not spent much time to try and turn it up.
I got the boss fs 7 dual footswitch to control the looper.
Very compact, great pedal
Old 12-28-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.guitar View Post
I own, use the AD10. It has replaced my pedal board and really have no complaints other than I wish the looper could undo/redo
It's built well, the switches feel strong, the delay & boost are excellent.
The chorus is very subtle but I have not spent much time to try and turn it up.
I got the boss fs 7 dual footswitch to control the looper.
Very compact, great pedal
Joynny.guitar,

What do you think of the acoustic resonance? From what I've seen online it adds a very nice depth to the sound. What is your perception?

Thanks,
PJ
Old 12-28-2017, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrErikJ View Post
Anyone try these or have any thoughts? I like keeping it simple with my Para DI or Tonebone PZ but I won't deny that a nice multi-effects unit is rather appealing. I think I prefer the tunable midrange and simple "resonance" feature of the Boss but the Zoom seems pretty tight too.

FIGHT!

Boss

Zoom

I think this should do it...

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 12-28-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
Joynny.guitar,

What do you think of the acoustic resonance? From what I've seen online it adds a very nice depth to the sound. What is your perception?

Thanks,

PJ

I like it better than the body Rez which seems to add too much lows & highs and scoops out all the mids. There's 3 different eq options with the resonance & I prefer the "flat". Just adds some air to the tone without changing my eq.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:33 PM

Thank you!
PJ
Old 12-28-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.guitar View Post
I like it better than the body Rez which seems to add too much lows & highs and scoops out all the mids. There's 3 different eq options with the resonance & I prefer the "flat". Just adds some air to the tone without changing my eq.
That’s the problem I’ve experienced: with a UST (the LB6 in my case) the Rez cuts the mids too much and cranks up the treble to a point that I can’t dial it back enough without it still sounding harsh. I can dial some mids back-in around 4-700k but the highs are just permanently sharp. Perhaps it would work better with a SBT but I’m skeptical. The Boss resonance seems less severely EQ’d as does the Zoom’s modeling.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic
Old 12-29-2017, 02:43 AM

I've had the AC-3 for a little more than a week and used it live once already. I especially like the eq. The mic'd guitar sound is there without being in your face or overly processed. The ability to have a basic reverb always on in addiction to effects is a great feature. The tuner function is very fast and accurate. The boost switch is ideal for working in a group where you occasionally solo. Overall, I really like what it has done for the sound of my guitars. A gibson J-45 and a Larrivee OM-5 with L.R. Baggs element pickups installed.
#2 Pencil
Various Scraps of Paper
Old 12-29-2017, 05:41 PM

Well, lost the bid on the A3. May buy a used one or just wait till later...
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic
Old 01-01-2018, 10:12 AM

I too am impressed with the AD-10's feature set. I owned one of the first ZOOM mini racks back in the 80s (9010) and it was a great unit too until it fried.

I just bought a Seagull Peppino and am replacing the element with an anthem SL so I don't think I'll have too much problem with "quack" plus I mostly finger pick in church, no band just a pianist or solo guitar. I also use a godin Multiac Nylon SA and the Godin xtSA which has a piezo bridge (steel strings). It has a decent replica of an "acoustic " guitar, but could probably use some resonance modelling. Not much info out there about the capabilities of the built-in Godin preamps.

So I'd like to merge the three "guitar" signals so I can share one pedal. Been looking at a Digitech RP360XP also since I really don't need major resonance help (except for the solidbody xtSA).

Any suggestions?

Sorry the post is long, but I think some might share the same concerns.

Jeff
Old 01-01-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davang55 View Post
I too am impressed with the AD-10's feature set. I owned one of the first ZOOM mini racks back in the 80s (9010) and it was a great unit too until it fried.

I just bought a Seagull Peppino and am replacing the element with an anthem SL so I don't think I'll have too much problem with "quack" plus I mostly finger pick in church, no band just a pianist or solo guitar. I also use a godin Multiac Nylon SA and the Godin xtSA which has a piezo bridge (steel strings). It has a decent replica of an "acoustic " guitar, but could probably use some resonance modelling. Not much info out there about the capabilities of the built-in Godin preamps.

So I'd like to merge the three "guitar" signals so I can share one pedal. Been looking at a Digitech RP360XP also since I really don't need major resonance help (except for the solidbody xtSA).

Any suggestions?

Sorry the post is long, but I think some might share the same concerns.

Jeff

The AD10 has 2 inputs with the ability to eq and save separately.
I know of no other pedal unit that has 3 separate inputs. For that I think some kind of small mixer would work?
Old 01-02-2018, 08:59 PM

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I was misleading, I'm not looking for 3 inputs, i'm looking to use the pedal with three different guitars, separately, to find something that would work reasonably well for all of them.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:41 PM

wondering if ad 10 acts as a standard two button looper with the extra pedal,
loop on left and stop on right?
robert
Old 01-04-2018, 12:13 PM

looper question above. Johnny Guitar? anyone?
Old 01-04-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpretzel View Post
looper question above. Johnny Guitar? anyone?

Yes it does. I got the 2 button FS7 with the smaller footprint and one button to start/overdub and one to stop/hold to clear.
Works great.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:42 AM

I saw in one of the videos on YouTube that they connected a SM57 mic to the second input of the AD-10, and for example with a battery powered condenser mic like the Røde M3 (like I have) that would work as well. Anyone on the AD-10 owners here who have tried with a proper microphone, dynamic or condenser?

Cheers,
Per

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification