The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L20A View Post
You have opened your ear to the world of top tier guitars......
Additionally, you have opened your wallet to the most desired and appreciated guitar on the guitar planet. I was in the "I don't need no stinkin' Martin" camp, before I picked up a great D-18. Now for over 25 years I have to have at least one Martin, and generally more to be content. They are magic. Congratulations.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:15 AM

I was thinking about what I said about keeping the D-28 and it becoming a family heirloom, etc.

You know, I'm sure there are lots of people who have just ONE guitar and it's one of their most prized possessions, whether it's a Martin or even an Epiphone, an Ibanez, a Yahama, a First Act or some other "cheap" guitar.

I know I spend way too much time on the guitar forums. I'm trying to break that habit (starting tomorrow) and I also have a bunch of guitars that I really don't "need" I suppose but I like them and I play them all. I have been able to stop myself from actively "shopping" for deals on CL, pawnshops, forum classifieds, etc. so I think I've kicked GAS.

Anyway, I think we all get too focused by what we see on the internet and if we didn't know there were other things out there, we'd be perfectly happy with the things we have already.
2004 Fender Telecaster MIM
2010 Martin DCX1RE
1984 Sigma DM3
Fender Mustang III v2
Old 01-16-2018, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

Remember that feeling you had when you first got your D-28? I am guessing it was one of joy, or something similar. That feeling is what is important, and nothing more.

The search for the "perfect" guitar can be endless. So, if you are happy, enjoy that place for awhile. Down the road, if you want to kick the tires, bring your D-28 along to compare to any others.

Happiness is a gift. But, its easy to lose site of when considering the next best thing.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:26 AM

My advice is to save yourself a lot of money in the long run and buy the D-28 Authentic now. If you're like most folks who frequent these forums your path will eventually lead to a myriad of trades and purchases up the proverbial tone ladder in search of your holy grail guitar. Just buy the grail now and enjoy it for a long time.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion