The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-13-2011, 09:32 PM

Default Guitarfetish

Does anyone here have "hands on" experience with either the guitars - or the pickups - sold by "Guitarfetish"?

They sell guitars with the brand name of Xaviere Electric Guitars; and pickups with the brand name of GFS.

They also have a slew of other stuff on their site. The prices seem reasonable for what is obviously "low budget" priced gear.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/

I'd be curious to hear from anyone who has played or owned any of the gear they sell.

thanks ~

Last edited by Taylorplayer; 03-13-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:52 PM

I have two pickups of theirs which I put into my Epiphone Les Paul. It was a big improvement on the stock pickups but not as great as it could sound. For the money I spent though it was well worth it especially because I don't play it too often but when I do play it's a lot of fun.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:42 PM

I currently have their Dream 180 pickups along with one of their Pro-tube pickups in one of my Strat's. I have 3 other Strat's with much higher priced pickups in them, but it's the one with the GFS pickups that always gets the most attention from other players in terms of its tone (and its looks).

Their silver plated guitar cables are the best I've ever used, including Monster and Mogami.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:06 AM

I've used the GFS pickups. I've also bought hardware, electronics parts and knobs, and such. I'll second what Jeff D said. The pickups were an improvement over what was stock in my made-in-Mexico Fender, but left me yearning for more. I sold em for a loss and bought better stuff and was happier.

much of the parts they sell are a great value. speed knobs and things like that--it would be hard to find a better deal. but for bridges and pickups and things, if you are a must-have-the-best-because-i'm-picky, then you will want to keep looking.

i usually order a mound of stuff from guitarfetish about twice a year and i'm always happy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification