The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-22-2002, 12:36 PM

Default Does anyone own a Martin D-25K?

I have been wondering about this for many years and not too many people have heard of this model or know anything about it. I bought this guitar back in 1980 at a local shop in Albany NY. At the time the store had about three or four of them and they were marked down to half price because they weren't moving. At the time i was looking for a Martin so ibought it not really knowing that it was a Koa wood guitar. The guitar is a dread style guitar with Koa back and sides, Spruce top and Rosewood fingerboard. It is a good guitar but kind of an odd duck at the time at least. Any info on this guitar would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-24-2002, 09:39 AM

Thats what i thought. I haven't had a bite on that one for 22 years.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:15 AM

Try giving Martin a call or drop them an email. I don't know if their responses are as quick or positive as Taylor's, but it couldn't hurt. They've made a lot of these "off models" over the years, and I'm sure they have records on them.

Somewhat related: I recently played a D-16 from the early 90s with back and sides of solid ash. It wasn't especially striking visually (the ash looks kind of like light oak), but it was a solid player that outclassed the new D-16 it was hanging next to.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification