The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-08-2014, 03:08 PM

Default Breedlove revival DM vs. Artist Mosaic Seagull

Hi, I'm looking for an acoustic guitar. I beginer, then the budget is up to 1,500$ Currently I'm interested in both of these guitars. Which one should I buy? Does anyone have these guitars and can recommend them?

I played in breedlove. By two months, and I loved it! The price was too high so, I now have the money.
But my teacher played the Seagull in the shop A few days ago and told me I had to try it.
tomorrow I'm going to play.
The breedlove is a second hand. And cost me $ 1450. (non electric acoustic guitar)
Seagull cost me $ 1,000. (non electric acoustic guitar)
My teacher has the breeedlove, he loves her.
When I asked him what he would choose, he said he did not know.
So I wanted to testimonials from people who have breedlove or seagull

if its help, this is the BreedLove revival details

This particular model is a DM
Dreadnought body shape
Standard depth
Non cut away
6-string
Top wood: Stika Spruce
Back and sides: mahogany
Binding: Tortoise
Neck wood; mahogany
Nut width: 1 ¾”
Finish: Semi gloss with toner top
Bridge: Belly
Tuners Nickel sta-tites

Built in 7/2007 Retailed for $ 2529.00
(Information from breedlove )

this is the Seagull artist mosaic details

Top : Select Pressure Tested Solid Cedar
Back & Sides : Solid Mahogany
Neck : Mahogany Integrated Set Neck
Fingerboard & Bridge : Rosewood
Nut & Saddle : Compensated Tusq® by Graphtech
Truss Rod : Double Function
Finish : Semi-Gloss Custom Polished Finish
Old 05-08-2014, 04:28 PM

The Revival series are the best guitars Breedlove has ever produced...IMHO. I've played the Dreadnaught model and I thought it was an exceptional guitar. At that price you are getting a lot of guitar for the money.
I vote Breedlove.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:33 PM

Default Thank you, the most important is sound.

When I read the specification, are similar guitars (except cedar in The Seagull)
My teacher studied at Berkeley, playing 40 years. And if he recommended me for the seagull.
After having a breedlove himself.
I thought I'd try.
There is a big difference in prices, I do not know if it is worth it.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:36 PM

If it is possible to play them side by side it will be the best way too determine which sounds and plays better.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:39 PM

Unfortunately it is not.
By the way, I do not live in u.s . Do you know much does breedlove revival dm second hand cost?
Old 05-08-2014, 05:34 PM

I've never owned a Breedlove Revival, but I had a 12 string Breedlove Atlas for a few years and thought it was an amazing guitar. I'm sure the Revival series is all that and much more.

If I had to make this decision - and I couldn't put my hands on either guitar - I would go with the Seagull Artist. I owned a Seagull Artist Folk Mosaic for years and only parted with it because my daughter had advanced to a level in her playing where she needed a "real" guitar, not the 3/4 size acoustic she learned on. (Oh, and I needed an excuse to spend some money on a new Martin...:-) If the Seagull Artist you're considering has the Quantum II electronics, all the better. I've never been able to dial in a more authentic amplified acoustic sound right out of the box and plugged directly into the mixer than I have using that QII pickup system, (Hybrid mic/UST configuration).

Godin (Seagull's parent company) just seems to do everything right and, for what you pay, the quality is miles beyond what I see from a lot of other guitar makers out there. Good luck!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:37 PM

+1 on the Godin QII Electronics ... I own a Seagull Artist Mosaic QII and the plugged in sound is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterX View Post
If the Seagull Artist you're considering has the Quantum II electronics, all the better. I've never been able to dial in a more authentic amplified acoustic sound right out of the box and plugged directly into the mixer than I have using that QII pickup system, (Hybrid mic/UST configuration).

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 05-08-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterX View Post
If I had to make this decision - and I couldn't put my hands on either guitar - I would go with the Seagull Artist.
I have a Fender American Standard Stratocaster.
I am looking for an acoustic, because it is a tool that I really like.
And more real and personal than the tram.

Thanks for the recommendation, hoping that tomorrow guitar will not disappoint me.
I was surprised, I thought there would be votes in favor of the breedlove because of the name of the company.

By the way, the electric model will cost me $ 1,500. (I dont have discount on this store) I do not need amplification at the moment, so it's unnecessary.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:24 PM

Last year I walked into a guitar store thinking I'd buy either a Mosaic or a Peppino, and I walked out with a Breedlove.

So... for me, the Breedlove gets the nod. I love the Seagulls at 700 bucks but at 1000 bucks the Breedloves just pull away and stay ahead to my hands and ears.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:03 PM

I agree with architype that the Revival line is Breedlove's best.

The forward shifted scalloped bracing on the Revival guitars makes for a powerful guitar with great bass response. If you like your bass to be strong on a guitar, its a no-brainer. If you prefer a more balanced sound, then you might prefer the Seagull.

Last edited by mr beans; 05-08-2014 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 PM

If I were spending your money or my money for that matter I would get the Breedlove every time. Seagull makes great low cost guitars but when its time to step up to the 1000+ range i'd go with a Breedlove Revival. Funny though, if I were looking in the $300 range i'd probably go with seagull. I think their cedar top sunburst guitars are great.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic, artist, breedlove, revival, seagull