The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-11-2017, 05:30 PM

Here's a nice clean sounding preset...#97 Jazz Clean.....this clip demonstrates that the Mustang GT amp can indeed be used to make nice sounding recordings. Very legit....

Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M

Last edited by Yamaha Man; 05-11-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Maniac View Post
Actually I'm more interest in the band loops to jam along with. I can play them on my computer with no problem and jam along with them using the Mustang. Last night I tried loading a few loops into my Adobe Audition program and loop them and they sounded great.....They'll make nice tracks....

My Super Champ is located in my living room away from my computer, so it means I have to drag it into my computer room to download presets....or get a 20-25 foot long USB cable....
USB doesn't like lengths longer than about 15 feet. You can do it with an "active cable"--but I don't know if you'll find an active cable with the proper smaller connector for the amp. You could try a USB hub in the middle of the 25 foot run as I believe they do essentially what an "active" USB cable does.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 05-13-2017, 01:05 AM

I've been working on the GT40 all day and night getting things set up so it'll work to it's full potential.....Bluetooth devices....4 button foot switch.... bought an iPod Touch to have access to the Tone app....all this stuff gave me a real hard time today, almost gave up a few times....bluetooth stuff still isn't working right...a giant pain in the neck, but now I have a really cool setup with the Tone app and new iPod....
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 05-13-2017, 01:42 PM

The work is paying off in great sounding presets. I was able to download and upgrade the amp's firmware and a preset of David Gilmore's "Shine On" which sounds fabulous on this amp.....the iPod's Bluetooth kicked in this morning while I was messing around on Sound cloud.....I didn't know the iPod had Bluetooth capabilities but it does and started playing my songs thru the GT40. LOL

Boy do I like this amp !!!!!!

next up...get acquainted with the 4 button footswitch and looper...
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 05-15-2017, 06:09 AM

I've got the foot switch figured out and the looper is working fine...very easy.

I downloaded some more presets last night.. these guys are gems....they make the amp sound so good. They're specialty presets for individual songs or artists... The Cream preset sounds just like Cream. Eric Clapton's Cocaine sounds spot on....Santana's Sustain is incredible....Led Zepplin...right on...Nirvana...exact.......Jimi Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner...couldn't be closer...Hotel California perfect....

What's great is you can dissect the preset, see how it was made, change it to your own liking and save it for future use....

I won't kid you, there's been a few Bluetooth issues but I have managed to work thru them. I did have to buy an IPod and get that up and running which took a bit of time. Then I had to get squared away with ITunes and the Apple app store to get the app. So there's a lot of hoops to jump thru with this amp, but the presets make it worthwhile...
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 05-16-2017, 12:29 AM

[QUOTE=Martin Maniac;5337330]Well the Mustang is here. I tried recording a direct in track, after a bunch of monkeying around I was able to do it....I haven't got into changing the presets yet. just want to do a direct in recording thru the USB port.....here's my first test results....I had to boost the volume 10 db to get a usable recording...but it came out nice and quiet.....

After doing some more sound checks I was able to boost the signal coming thru the USB cable simply by cranking up the volume and gain knobs on the Mustang GT. Apparently I had them turned down the other day.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 09-07-2017, 12:13 PM

Question Update

@MartinManiac Still happy with the GT40?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars