The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-10-2017, 09:46 PM

I've had someone look at photos of my Bullet and say it needs the following

1. Neck relief adjusted.
2. Frets levelled and crowned.
Then intonation adjusted better pick ups etc, the sky seems to be the limit. I'm thinking this is going to cost me a fair bit and that's why I'm considering just buying a new guitar instead. Im really not sure what to do.
Maybe I'll see if I win the classic vibe on eBay and if not then just keep looking for another Bullet in better condition. This was the first electric I looked at and I just brought it without really knowing what to look for.

Thanks for all the advice gents.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyboi View Post
I've had someone look at photos of my Bullet and say it needs the following

1. Neck relief adjusted.
2. Frets levelled and crowned.
Then intonation adjusted better pick ups etc, the sky seems to be the limit. I'm thinking this is going to cost me a fair bit and that's why I'm considering just buying a new guitar instead. Im really not sure what to do.
Maybe I'll see if I win the classic vibe on eBay and if not then just keep looking for another Bullet in better condition. This was the first electric I looked at and I just brought it without really knowing what to look for.

Thanks for all the advice gents.
If this is truly a "learning" guitar, I'd ignore the more advanced stuff like leveling frets. Some fret buzz, for example, is completely unimportant at this stage. Plus, lots of that will get washed out through the Spider anyway. New pickups? On a Bullet? That's nuts. You can do the things you need to do yourself (Google and YouTube) and avoid putting money into a Bullet.

IMO, you should set neck relief, set string height, set pickup height, and adjust intonation then play.

The one thing I would consider upgrading, but only if it's so bad that you can't live with it, is the tuners. If it won't stay in tune, that's a problem. The rest really isn't that big a deal, again just IMO.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars