The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-24-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tochiro View Post
Jeff you should be careful. I had the K&K before and I replaced it with the M80 2 years ago. The M80 is more feedback resistant than the K&K. There's simply no comparison. And feedback resistance is an important factor on the stage IMO.
I love the M80, but just don't play plugged in enough to justify leaving it in my soundhole 24/7. And I notice a definite improvement in sustain when I take the m80 out of the soundhole. Hence my interest in the k&k. I want something I can get good sound of when I play plugged in, but also wont effect my playing unplugged.

ljguitar,

You definitely know your stuff and I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my questions.

The K&K arrived today, and I'm planning on doing the install tonight... hopefully it turns out okay!

Thanks everyone for your responses and advice!
Taylor GS-Mini Koa
Seagull S6 Folk
Old 06-25-2015, 09:16 AM

Just to give you my most recent experience with K&K. On my present holiday stay in the UK I took my Taylor GS Mini (with K&K) to rehearse en play a bit for myself. Somewhere I read about an open mic in a local pub and I decided to go. Did not have any of my own amplification with me, not even a cable. Last night I went to the event and was heartily welcomed. When I asked the organizing guy if I could borrow a cable he was in doubt since I told him I had a passive pick-up. But surpise surprise, directly plugged into his PA (no pre-amp!) I produced the most wonderful sound out of my mini. Where many others produced harsh-ish sounds mine was warm acoustic. And that from my cheapest and smallest guitar (not even meant to gig with)! Received compliments.

My lyrics and music on Youtube

Last edited by Karel; 06-25-2015 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Add pic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification