The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 09-29-2010, 03:06 PM

Default demo cd's

hi let me ask this another way.what is the CHEAPEST and EASIEST way to record 6 demo tunes for some bar owners to hear what i sound like? i would like to do this from home....hate being in a studio.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 PM

forget it .thought someone would help
Old 09-30-2010, 08:34 PM

get a Zoom H2 and record yourself

MostlyElectric

Acoustic

Martin D18 (1970), Yamaha LS6
Old 09-30-2010, 09:08 PM

What do you have in the way of recording equipment? Do you have a computer? Do you have a mic?

What do you play? How many people? Do you sing?
Old 10-02-2010, 01:33 PM

where do you live? where do you play? how many gigs do you play per month..... more info and we can help

jim
Old 10-03-2010, 11:10 PM

Someone would help but they've got to read your post and have information first. Once you've answered the questions posed in response to your questions, maybe someone will. Be patient.

Generally, though, the cheapest and easiest way - is not the way to do a "demo" CD. Demo's are to introduce you to someone and cheapest and easiest don't usually equate to quality. Use the suggestion in your previous post for a start. If the computer/software answer you received is too complicated and expensive -as you posted- then go to Radio Shack and get a cheap cassette recorder and lay down your track. That's what we did 20 years ago and it worked okay for cheap and easy. Otherwise, provide the information asked for in your two similar posts and someone might have some suggestions for you.

Last edited by DenverSteve; 10-03-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:47 AM

agree^^^^ cheapest and easiest doesn't always yield decent quality. And honestly I don't think the bar owner is gonna want to put you up there if you give him a sub par demo. Especially if he's asking you for a demo, he probably has had others give him demo's also, and more than likely he has heard some high quality stuff.

You're kind of at a rock and a hard place, recording in a pro studio is not cheap or easy, getting into recording, purchasing interfaces, mics and learning the software certainly isn't cheap or easy either. I would maybe look on various audio interface forums (logic, pro tools, dp etc...) and see if you can't find someone in your area with a home studio and decent equipment and know-how to record you for a marginal cost. Heck, if you were in my area I would record you for cheap. I record my friends all the time for chicken nuggets from McDonalds!! (well worth their weight in gold!)

And yea be patient, give us more than a day to respond before brushing us aside. Hope this helps...

Rainsong WS1000
Taylor "T6" Custom w/added element UST
USA Tele Deluxe
Ibanex SRX-500
Vox AC-15

Korg Pitch Black (2x), Fishman Aura 16, BBE Sonic Stomp, LR Baggs PADI, Boss TU-2, Sansamp Tech21 Bass Driver, Boss GE-7 Bass EQ, MXR Micro Amp, Keely BD-2, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Boss DD-20, BBE supacharger

Up next: Empress EQ, Radial J48

Last edited by makikogi; 10-04-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:27 AM

Default anything else?

Anything else?
----------------

1. Halong cruise travel
2. angkor cambodia
3. voyage au vietnam
Old 10-05-2010, 03:40 AM

If you're planning to play gigs, you must at least have a mic and a mixer of some sort.

Download Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) and follow the instructions. Take the "line out" of your mixer to the "mic in" or "line in" in the back of your computer and adjust the volume. You can record voice and guitar separately or all at once as you choose. You then burn your recordings to a CD and there you are.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD