The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-21-2018, 10:51 PM
Charter Member

**FedEx box size tip**
Somehow I discovered by playing with the rates that FedEx has a substantial price increase for anything longer than 48" (like $12 on a $50 shipment). I thought this was odd since the standard Uline guitar box is 8x20x50. What I've learned to do the last couple years is slit the boxes in the corner seams 2-3" and then crease them and fold to make a 8*20*48" box.

When selling a 2-3k guitar, I can usually ship from most places in the central US for $50. West Coast can be $70-$80

UPS was always way higher, so I quit comparing. However, recently, I discovered that Reverb has some kind of deal set up with UPS. Recently sold a $2,200 electric to California and printed the UPS label through Reverb for $57. FedEx through my account was $80!!
Old 02-22-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT55 View Post
There are two different FedEx companies. FedEx and FedEx Home. Most of the complaints against FedEx are really against FedEx Home.
Fed Ex Home is the worst. I've never had a guitar delivered through them, but I've had other large objects come through their service. They're always NEVER on time and don't update their tracking but once a day. If you take off a day of work to be home for delivery, you'll more than likely be disappointed and frustrated.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:00 AM

Also keep in mind that if you ship via UPS, a business destination is significantly cheaper than residential.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion