The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-01-2018, 10:54 AM

Default Bose T1 ToneMatch Tip and Tricks

I have learned a couple of interesting things from that site.

Using the Tone Match switch on channel 2 is acts as 60hz low pass filter... Very handy when playing in a boomy corner, especially as an upright bassist. It also works very well with a LR Baggs M1.

When using a mixer, you can take advantage of the built in ToneMatch mic preset in channel one by panning all vocals to the right or left of your mixer and sending it to channel 1. You then pan the guitars over to the other side and send that mix to channel 2 on the compact with the guitar Preset switched on. Very cool and clever concept.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:27 AM

I'm always learning more ways to utilize the T1.

I read the following T1 tip in the Bose Forum and thought I'd share.

Original question to Bose:
I have a Bose L1 Compact & T1 Tonematch.
I would like to add an external Neunaber Immerse Reverberator.
Where in the chain do I add it. I can't figure out what plugs into what.
Probably very simple to do but I'm at a lose.
Thanks Very Much For The Help -Craig

To add some more information: I only play acoustic guit
ar & I would Like to use the Neunaber Immerse with & without the T1's effects.

Here is the reply from Bose

Craig, I'm going to answer this question as if you're only needing 1 Channel of the T1. If this is so I would be trying out this.

1) Guitar into input T1 Channel 1

(do all the necessary gain staging for the guitar in that channel - input trim etc)

2) Preamp Output from Channel 1 into the input from your Neunaber Immerse Reverberator.

3) Output from your Neunaber Immerse Reverberator into the Input from Channel2 of the T1

(do all the necessary gain staging for the Neunaber Immerse Reverberator. in that channel - input trim etc)

When you've done that you should now have control over everything you wish to do.

4) With Channel 1 enabled (FX channel 1 also) and Channel 2 muted you should only have the T1 effects audible in the mix.

5) With Channel 1 enabled (FX channel 1 also) and Channel 2 enabled (FX channel 2 off) you should have the effects from the T1 + the Neunaber Immerse Reverberator audible in the mix, whereby you can control the volume of the Neunaber Immerse Reverberator by using the Channel 2 volume knob.

6) With Channel 1 enabled (FX channel 1 off) and Channel 2 enabled (FX channel 2 off) you should only have the effects from the Neunaber Immerse Reverberator audible in the mix. The dry guitar signal volume is controlled by the volume knob of Channel 1 and the wet (reverb effect) signal is controlled by the volume knob of Channel 2.

Should you need to make use of the microphone preamps available in the T1 for microphones, you can always connect the output of the Neunaber Immerse Reverberator to one of the inputs of Channels 4/5 with appropriate gain staging here. This would leave you with 2 Microphone Channels free.

In such a case I would probably use Channel 3 of the T1 for my guitar (the logic of what I've already explained above would remain, but it would then be related to Channel 3 for the guitar and Channel 4/5 for the Neunaber Immerse Reverberator) so that I have the channels I'm using for the guitar next to each other to avoid confusion during a gig but that's up to you.

I hope that this has been of some help.

Tony
Old 02-12-2018, 11:59 AM

By the way, I had the Bose L1 but also picked up a Compact several years ago. As I found the Compact was plenty for my 3-4 weekly bar gigs, I sold the L1 (but kept the TM), then called Bose and they sent me the TM mounting bracket that comes on the L1.

After measuring and getting the height figured out, I attached it to the back of the Compact tower as it would be on the L1. Works like a charm and the weight of the TM puts little to no strain on the Compact tower. No need for an extra table or barstool for the TM and easy to access as well.

Just another lil' tip. Really enjoying this thread y'all

Steve Reeb
Old 02-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Charter Member

I picked up a used T1 (maybe from someone here??) and have found it to work great for playing with my friends - we have 3 vocal mics running into inputs 1-3, and the main out going to our PA. I plug my guitar into 4, and have it only running out thru the Aux out to my amp, so I can play with all the settings not only for the mics, but also get a nice set of controls for whatever guitar I want to play. In fact - I have my Line6 AG-10 plugged into the T1, so I can play wireless. Love it!!

I've also tried using my amp as a monitor, and running out from there into the PA - also works, but no real benefit except if I can't set my amp up where I can hear it easily -

If I were to find a fault - its the junk mic stand holder that Bose sells - its plastic, and it broke rather easily. I ended up getting a mic stand accessory shelf from Amazon for like $11, and zip-tieing the T1 to that -
Old 02-20-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-R View Post
By the way, I had the Bose L1 but also picked up a Compact several years ago. As I found the Compact was plenty for my 3-4 weekly bar gigs, I sold the L1 (but kept the TM), then called Bose and they sent me the TM mounting bracket that comes on the L1.

After measuring and getting the height figured out, I attached it to the back of the Compact tower as it would be on the L1. Works like a charm and the weight of the TM puts little to no strain on the Compact tower. No need for an extra table or barstool for the TM and easy to access as well.

Just another lil' tip. Really enjoying this thread y'all

Steve Reeb
Hey Steve, I just called Bose and the "customer service" representative indicated there's no mounting bracket that will fit the compact. I said that I knew someone who was using one that was from L1 but would fit the compact...did you mount/attach it in some special fashion in order for it to stay?
Old 02-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmullen45 View Post
Hey Steve, I just called Bose and the "customer service" representative indicated there's no mounting bracket that will fit the compact. I said that I knew someone who was using one that was from L1 but would fit the compact...did you mount/attach it in some special fashion in order for it to stay?
Yeah I thought that was weird. I recently bought a T1 new, and it comes with the attachment for the L1 "cylindrical" tower, which does not fit on the Compact. Gotta say this is pretty lame of Bose. I ran across a discussion on the Bose forum from several years ago, where the Bose representative said they looked at the possibility of a tower mount for the Compact--but that it looked awkward. Seriously.

Apologies if I've posted this before, but there are postings on eBay where these guys make basic mounts via 3D printing--it's just a slab of plastic that rests on top of the base and remains there via the cutout that slides down the extension. There's a screw that comes up from the bottom, which somewhat mimics the (way too shallow) spike on the official L1 mount. I bought it, it's better than nothing, and I'll add some velcro so the T1 doesn't go flying off.

Edit: I believe you can unscrew narrow metal slabs in the back of the Compact extensions--I think they are for stiffening--and I guess it's possible to wedge the standard mount back there and screw it back together. Wouldn't want to risk it though, and it sure wouldn't be handy for transport.

Last edited by Chriscom; 02-20-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:41 PM

Default T1 to L1 Compact Mounting Kit

I got my T1 used and it came with this mounting kit.
They sell them on eBay for $22
Works great!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Heavy-D....c100677.m4598

Old 02-20-2018, 12:52 PM

I just ordered that mounting kit from ebay. Great stuff, thanks all!
Old 02-20-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I just ordered that mounting kit from ebay. Great stuff, thanks all!
Great..
Old 02-20-2018, 03:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
I got my T1 used and it came with this mounting kit.
They sell them on eBay for $22
Works great!
Yep, that's the one I was talking about!
Old 02-20-2018, 04:59 PM

Cool ...think Ill get one... I use the Compact and T1..(I have 2 T1s as I had 2 compacts and sold one and he didn't want the T1...never opened it yet in 5 years)
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-26-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Yep, that's the one I was talking about!
What a cool option they came up with! Fits well and holds in place. Thanks again to you and Jake for suggesting it!
Old 02-26-2018, 07:58 AM

Is there a better microphone stand holder than the Bose version??
Old 02-26-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
What a cool option they came up with! Fits well and holds in place. Thanks again to you and Jake for suggesting it!
Cool! Ya it works well and price is right. Glad it worked for you
Old 02-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Is there a better microphone stand holder than the Bose version??
There's another type from the same guys who make the sit-on-top for the T1, but I don't know if it's better. I bought it--it's another slab of plastic but with a opening on the bottom to stick the top of a mic stand into. The mount would stay attached to that just fine, but like the other item, the T1 just sits on top, with that little screw/ bolt spike to hold the T1 in place (it's at a slight angle). Again this would be no problem during a set, but if someone yanked a cable, it would go flying. Velcro might help.

By the way, when I thought I was going to use the Allen & Heath Zed 6FX with the L1 Compact, I wrote and asked if they could make a custom-sized slab for me. They said yes, but the cost would be higher (unspecified until I sent specs). They'd have to enter coordinates into the machine, spit out a prototype or two, and assume it's a one-off, makes sense.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification