The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 02-12-2018, 03:45 PM

Thanks Beninma!

I've also found several friends on fb who have the THR10 and their reviews are as positive as yours.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:06 PM

My THR10C arrived today and I'm very happy with it. It's small, got a good sound, especially for it's size. Clean sound (delux) and up to a dirty blues sound (brit blues) and a grunge sound (mini).
Old 02-19-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
That warm neck pickup tone is Blues country right there. The twangy Tele is more popular for country and folky music.
Plenty of blues players use Telecasters.

As for Strats being more versatile, I certainly agree you can get more tones out of them. OTH, you see guys playing blues, most kinds of rock, jazz, and country on Telecasters. From Muddy Waters and Albert Collins to Don Rich to Mike Campbell to Jimmy Page (Stairway to Heaven solo is a Tele).

Love Telecasters. Plank with pickups and strings. As basic as it gets.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmct View Post
Plenty of blues players use Telecasters.

As for Strats being more versatile, I certainly agree you can get more tones out of them. OTH, you see guys playing blues, most kinds of rock, jazz, and country on Telecasters. From Muddy Waters and Albert Collins to Don Rich to Mike Campbell to Jimmy Page (Stairway to Heaven solo is a Tele).

Love Telecasters. Plank with pickups and strings. As basic as it gets.

You forgot the baseball bat bolted on. [emoji23] but yeah I agree with what you said. What I explained is the “can’t go wrong with” scenario I guess but yeah you can play anything on any guitar pretty much.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:52 AM

Not sure if you’ve bought yourself a new electric yet, but figure I’ll throw out one more option that could fit into your budget. You should at least try out a nice arch top as they play as easily as electrics but have enough acoustic output to not require an amp for practicing. I have an Epiphone Joe Pass edition that is just a blast to play, and since our apartment is small it rarely ever gets plugged in. I don’t have any problem bending strings on my acoustics, but sometimes my fingers get sore when practing new fingerstyle tunes. That’s when I pull out the Epi and have fun!

They’re also very versatile. The one time I played in front of a crowd I used my Epi and a small 20 watt Crate amp. It easily handled a large hall with about 120 people playing simple strumming songs from Allman Bros “Mellisa” to Nirvanas “About a Girl”, to fingerpicked pieces like Jim Croce’s “Operator” to Gershwin's “Summertime”, all without having to touch the amp. Plenty of flexibility right on the guitar itself.

Anyway Epiphone arch tops are very reasonably priced and Ibanez also makes one that looks pretty decent, but I haven’t happened upon a lefty version to try out yet. Then there are Gibson’s and Gretsh models though they climb in cost pretty quickly.

Good luck!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write