The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-10-2015, 01:01 AM

Default Archtop Jazz Guitar - sold

Custom built for the original owner, Colorado musician Patrick Kelly, this is an exquisite custom built EVD Edward Dick Masterclass archtop guitar from 1997. The materials, features, workmanship, playability, and sound of this guitar are absolutely world-class and rival the finest archtops from Gibson, D' Angelico, or any other of the top tier makers.

The builder, Edward Dick, is the head of The Colorado School of Lutherie, runs the Victor Guitar Shop in Denver and is the inventor of the banjola.

The instrument is in near mint condition as well with no visible evidence that she has been played. There are a very few hairline finish cracks that you would be very hard put to find, even on close examination, and otherwise this guitar is darn near perfect. The AAAA hand carved one-piece Englemann Spruce top has aged to a very mellow tone and the depth and silking of the wood have to be seen to be believed. Highly flamed Maple back and sides impart a wonderful woody ring and the one piece carved back is a work of art to behold.

The tailpiece has a fantastic colorful tree motif in Pau and Abalone shell that is also echoed in the pickguard and headstock. Fabulous mother-of-pearl cougar (tailpiece) and eagle (headstock) lend an unworldy depth and vibrancy to the overall build. The workmanship on this instrument is clearly in the MasterClass realm and it has to be seen to be believed.

Patrick specified a 1 3/4" nut width on the guitar and a 16" lower bout making this wonderful to play and comfortable to hold. In short, this very special and great sounding archtop will be a very special addition to your collection.

Asking $4750 which includes shipping, insurance, paypal fees.

I would consider a trade for a top of the line octave mandolin - especially a Mowry GBOM, but there are some others I'd consider. I just miss my Mowry Octave.

Last edited by 40bpm; 09-28-2016 at 08:12 PM. Reason: sold
Old 10-16-2015, 09:25 PM

Still available and still beautiful.

Last edited by 40bpm; 10-20-2015 at 08:31 PM. Reason: new image url
Old 10-25-2015, 06:58 PM

Still available. Still beautiful. Make me an offer!
Old 10-31-2015, 06:40 PM

New price! $3999 makes it yours!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars