The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-17-2014, 09:35 AM

I've always liked the birds in flight on the PRS inlays. I wonder how Paul (Reed Smith) came up with that idea?
Old 12-17-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasper View Post
Well,

My six year old daughter has made it known that the PRS is her favorite guitar I have and she loved the "Metal" setting on the Fender Mustang amp. She was running around yelling, telling me to keep playing, lol

She said I sounded like a rock star... god bless her little heart, lol.

It was fun "faking it" though.. I have no clue what I'm doing, but I find that fast muted bar chords could sound good if done in the right order, lol
Priceless...so cute. I think this moment was worth it all!
Old 12-17-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I've always liked the birds in flight on the PRS inlays. I wonder how Paul (Reed Smith) came up with that idea?
I looked that up when I bought my PRS SE Angelus, because I was curious as well. From what I gather, Paul comes from a family of bird watchers, especially his mother. It has been mentioned that he chose the birds as a tribute to his mother and used some images from her bird watching book she kept for the inspiration.

At least that is what I could come with , from several different sources on the internet. It makes sense, so that's what I go with, lol.

"Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish."
Quintilian
Old 12-17-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
Priceless...so cute. I think this moment was worth it all!
Yeah, it was!

My wife rolled her eyes and said "Great, she's probably going to be one of those goth headbanging chicks".

I said, "Fine by me.. better that then some other more promiscuous genres that are out there. I'd take draped in black head to toe over barley anything covered."

My wife thought about it for a second and said "True"

Besides.... I grew up in the 80's and I was a head banger myself, lol. I remember staying up late and watching head bangers ball on MTV.... so, as far as I'm concerned, she's a chip off the ol' block hehe

"Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish."
Quintilian
Old 12-17-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasper View Post
I looked that up when I bought my PRS SE Angelus, because I was curious as well. From what I gather, Paul comes from a family of bird watchers, especially his mother. It has been mentioned that he chose the birds as a tribute to his mother and used some images from her bird watching book she kept for the inspiration.

At least that is what I could come with , from several different sources on the internet. It makes sense, so that's what I go with, lol.
What a great inspiration for inlays.

You know, I don't have a PRS and they're so pretty

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars