The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-03-2008, 05:46 PM

Default Effects Pedals

I need some ideas for some good pedal effects for live performance. Has anyone ever used a standard, (not modeling), effects pedal board for electric guitar with there acoustic? Effect boards like DOD, or line 6 etc...Right now I am using the standard chorus, delay and reverb cheapo pedals, but wanting something of more quality. If I need stick to the standard BOSS pedals, I will. I run everything through an LR Baggs pre, so I don't need that. Any ideas anyone? BTY, I am a praise and worship leader, so that may help if any of you do that.

Thanks,
eric1234
Old 01-03-2008, 07:09 PM

Eric:

I'm perhaps a heretic on an acoustic forum, but I use a variey of effects on my acoustic. I get bored otherwise. Currently, my rig includes a Presonus Acousti-Q preamp feeding a Boss tuner, a Boss CE-2 Chorus, a Boss DD-3 Delay, an RV-3 Reverb and an ART MPV3 preamp to provide XLR and 1/4 outs and warm the sound post effects. I also occasionally use an MXR Phase 90 (the Small Stone tends to cause feedback problems for me), a Small Clone Chorus and at one time a Dr. Q envelope filter. I like ANYTHING by ANYONE that gives me variety. The DOD effects seem to me nice, but nothing special. Boss really doesn't make a bad effect and they are very low noise (important on acoustics because our amplifiers tend to use tweeters). Electro Harmonix pedals tend to be a bit noisy, but have personality in spades. I haven't used Line Six much, though.Regards, Bill.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 PM

TC Electronics has a pretty cool board called the G-Natural.

I just tried the BBE Sonic Stomp (with Sonic Maximizer) at church this past weekend and it sounded amazing. I just ordered a BBE Acoustimax (with the Sonic Maximizer feature embedded in it). After trying it, my guitar sounds so bare with it off now.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:46 PM

aside from chorus, delay and reverb, tremolo is sometimes nice when used sparingly. You might look into an electro harmonix deluxe memory man. it does chorus, analog delay and tremolo. a friend and fellow worship leader uses his quite a bit with his acoustic.

i've got a boss ce-5, ibanez ad-9 (keeley mod) and carl martin surf trem to cover all those.
Japanese Ephiphone Thunderbird > yorkville xm50
Old 01-03-2008, 08:53 PM

Default thanks

thanks for the info..I will look into those

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion