The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-26-2024, 02:13 PM
Charter Member

What a great commercial

But the one question is how in heck can the gal with the turquoise from her main knuckle joints to her finger tips even play "Inquiring minds want to know"

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 03-26-2024, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Default Strats...

While I do enjoy the strat type fast wiggle trem, I could never settle with one as my main electric guitar. The middle pickup seems to be placed exactly in my way. I also never appreciated the amplified sound after reverberating through the trem springs.

I realize I am in the minority but I much prefer Sg's, Les Paul's, Tele's, even my '55 Harmony H42 Stratotone Newport (heavily modified) to a typical Strat.

I do understand the ergonomic benefits but I now realize they are not for me.

Anyone want to buy an early 90's American made Peavy Predator (Strat copy) in perfect playing condition for a reasonable price?

Cheers, Doug
Old 03-30-2024, 07:26 AM
Charter Member

To me the tele is the best Fender model. I’ve tried to like a strat and have owned two or three but they always annoyed me. A tele is much more comfortable and ergonomically correct. But hey if Hendrix played one upside down I have no excuse.
Old 04-06-2024, 04:57 AM

My Teles get the most attention and I prefer to gig with them too.
That being said, I couldn’t go through life without a Strat and every once in a while I pick it up and am grateful to have one.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 04-06-2024, 05:12 PM

I've always gotten by without a strat.... until yesterday. Old rocker kinda turned into an acoustic player. However, I've been doing a lot of recording and have been more interested in electric clean tones lately. I tried a bunch of USA made Strats and ended up with a 2021 American Ultra. It played, sounded, and felt the best of all the stuff I tried. I also really liked an American Original 60s model. Went back and forth between the two for a while.
Larrivee: CS09 Matt Thomas Limited
Taylor: 314ce, 356e, Baritone 8
Timberline: T60HGc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars