The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-06-2015, 05:53 PM

That was incredible playing. The guitar sounds great....absolutely great playing...I think I hate you
Old 01-06-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
Wow! Fantastic playing, fantastic sounding guitar!
Thanks! You should hear it live :P You might not believe it but no reverb was added to the sound. The sustain is incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan688 View Post
Excellent in all aspects
Cheers Brendan! Best of luck with your guitar build )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
That was incredible playing. The guitar sounds great....absolutely great playing...I think I hate you
Thanks Tom! That is my aim of course, to get people to...hate me hahaha Cheers
Would be nice if you guys could share and like my facebook posts @ www.facebook.com/theguitarmen much appreciated!
Old 01-07-2015, 07:23 AM
Charter Member

Location: Carson City, Nv (Want a jackrabbit? We've got extras!)

Stunning guitar, great playing. I am really impressed.

In the night you hide from the madman
You're longing to be
But it all comes out on the inside
Eventually
Old 01-07-2015, 10:33 AM

Marcus--Lovely playing and great guitar. Not just that, but the match is great, you've got the perfect instrument for your style. Terrific! --Richard
Old 01-07-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddManOut View Post
Stunning guitar, great playing. I am really impressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Mott View Post
Marcus--Lovely playing and great guitar. Not just that, but the match is great, you've got the perfect instrument for your style. Terrific! --Richard
The Michaud is indeed a great guitar and it inspires me to play better. It is definitely a perfect fit for me and everything I can ask from a fingerstyle guitar! I can't wait to see how my build turns out. Joel should be starting on it soon

Thanks for all the kind words
Old 01-07-2015, 05:44 PM

Yes, I listened/watched again. Fantastic playing, the end where you are using the harmonics as your bass/rhythm line while your remaining fingers on your right hand are playing the melody that your left hand is flying up and down the fret board...yeah, hmmm, I definitely hate you!!!!

Seriously though, guys like you demonstrating a guitar is a little weird. We should see if some hack like me could sound good on it, then we would have something, you know a few cowboy chords with a barred G thrown in for added flare.....

I get the feeling you could have made my first guitar sound great...a handmade instrument by the way, consisting of a cardboard box, a piece of wood and three strings applied with nails, made by me.

Cheers to you
Old 01-07-2015, 07:49 PM

That is possibly the hardest part of the song. When I first started learning it, I had to slow it right dooooown to get the coordination right haha but a little perseverance and determination goes a long way. I appreciate your hate, worked hard for it :P

Well, my guitar isn't much better. Though it is probably twice as good as your first one given that mine actually has 6 strings. But since yours is handmade, it's probably even. It is a $100 China made guitar (I stayed there for 10 years) and I can assure you that nothing good can comes out of it even when I play it hahaha I've been searching for a replacement for 2 years and now I'm finally going to get it in the form of a Michaud
Old 01-08-2015, 06:06 PM

Marcus, thanks for sharing photos and a wonderful sound clip of your new Michaud guitar. I commissioned a very similar build with Joel several months ago which will be completed this spring. Joel is indeed extremely passionate about his craft, and I've enjoyed our "back-and-forth" exchanges as we've shared thoughts and ideas about my build.

It's great to see Joel getting some well-deserved press here. I foresee some more happy Michaud owners in the future!

Neal
Old 01-08-2015, 07:08 PM

Really nice sound coming out of that small bodied guitar! I'd like to hear it without the capo.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamincolor View Post
Marcus, thanks for sharing photos and a wonderful sound clip of your new Michaud guitar. I commissioned a very similar build with Joel several months ago which will be completed this spring. Joel is indeed extremely passionate about his craft, and I've enjoyed our "back-and-forth" exchanges as we've shared thoughts and ideas about my build.

It's great to see Joel getting some well-deserved press here. I foresee some more happy Michaud owners in the future!

Neal
Hey Neal, I'm sure people reading this are wondering what build you have gone for?

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I've learnt so much through our exchanges and I can definitely see his passion for not only the craft, but for his customers too!

Definitely do contribute to that well-deserved press by posting a build thread or NGD thread. I would love to see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmore View Post
Really nice sound coming out of that small bodied guitar! I'd like to hear it without the capo.
Your wish is my command. I have actually recorded a demo video showcasing the guitar in various styles (strumming, finger picking, flat picking etc.) but have yet to find the time to have it processed. Will be sure to upload it here when it's done!

It definitely doesn't sound like an OO to me. It has the presence of a larger bodied guitar. I can't wait to hear how my OM turns out
Old 01-17-2015, 11:08 AM

WOW MARCUS!

I was just looking through the custom section here and saw your video. Somehow I missed it before.

That is really stellar playing, you are a very talented musician. Keep up the good work. The guitar sounds amazing aswell, I love the strong trebles I get from my Michaud. The bass is big and pleasing, but the trebles sound like no other guitar I have played. Clear and powerful while not over powering the mix.

Thankns for sharing, look forward to more

Dan.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJman View Post
WOW MARCUS!

I was just looking through the custom section here and saw your video. Somehow I missed it before.

That is really stellar playing, you are a very talented musician. Keep up the good work. The guitar sounds amazing aswell, I love the strong trebles I get from my Michaud. The bass is big and pleasing, but the trebles sound like no other guitar I have played. Clear and powerful while not over powering the mix.

Thankns for sharing, look forward to more

Dan.
Gee, thank you so much for your kind words Though I think the real artist is the one behind the creation of the guitar!

The trebles are what Joel focuses on since he believes that the bass of the guitar is easier to come by and is often overwhelming. His philosophy coincides with that of Michael Greenfield who also focuses mainly on the trebles in his guitars haha Joel definitely creates an instrument that is hard to beat.

There is one more clip of the Michaud OO-R Koa/Engelmann coming up soon and I'll be sure to record many more with my very own OM-R Tree/Moon once I get my paws on it
Old 01-17-2015, 03:36 PM

Beautiful work! What a cool design!
Congratulations!
Mark
Old 01-17-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourceforce View Post
Beautiful work! What a cool design!
Congratulations!
Mark
Cheers, I love Joel Michaud's workmanship and design. It is actually what drew me to his guitars in the first place
Old 07-08-2015, 06:10 AM

Duplicate post

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

Last edited by Marcus Wong; 02-21-2016 at 12:08 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
engelmann, joel michaud, koa, memphis guitar festival, oo-r