The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-02-2014, 07:45 AM
*mahoganut*

Hi Marcus! Beautiful guitar - looking forward to the 'tree' build too (of course!!).

Congratulations!

Phil
Old 11-02-2014, 07:47 AM

Awesome! Weird coincidence that I just found this guy on Instagram a few days ago. His work looks stellar. Congrats on the new guitar!

Brad
Old 11-02-2014, 10:58 AM

Congrats, Marcus. Looking forward to your videos.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
I don't have many side shots unfortunately. Are those now enough for you? :P
If I ever get enough I will have to take up another hobby.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstar View Post
I love this design. Congratulations!
Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by riorider View Post
Hi Marcus! Beautiful guitar - looking forward to the 'tree' build too (of course!!).

Congratulations!

Phil
Thanks Phil! Looking forward to your "Tree" builds too. You better be posting plenty of pictures! Haha I should be able to post pictures of my set by the end of the month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxwood_Handmade View Post
Awesome! Weird coincidence that I just found this guy on Instagram a few days ago. His work looks stellar. Congrats on the new guitar!

Brad
I think it is a sign! It is indeed stellar haha He actually had his laptop stolen recently so he could not upload a lot of his past guitars unfortunately. The pictures you see on his IG are from this year if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
Congrats, Marcus. Looking forward to your videos.
Thanks Mau! Can't wait to record it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
If I ever get enough I will have to take up another hobby.
Haha! That is quite true. May we all never get enough
Old 11-02-2014, 01:41 PM

EDIT: It's working now!

Hey guys, if any of you are looking to contact Joel via his website, you might not be able to do so at the moment. There seems to be an issue with the contact form on his website which he is seeing to immediately. Let you know when it is fully functional

Last edited by Marcus Wong; 11-02-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:23 PM

Default Michaud Guitars

If you want to see and hear Joel's guitars, he will have TWO of his guitars with back and sides from 'The Tree' at the Memphis Acoustic Guitar Festival. www.MemphisAcousticGuitarFest.com
Old 11-03-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Guitar View Post
If you want to see and hear Joel's guitars, he will have TWO of his guitars with back and sides from 'The Tree' at the Memphis Acoustic Guitar Festival. www.MemphisAcousticGuitarFest.com
You all wouldn't be surprised who the other build is for
Old 11-03-2014, 08:41 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
EDIT: It's working now!

Hey guys, if any of you are looking to contact Joel via his website, you might not be able to do so at the moment. There seems to be an issue with the contact form on his website which he is seeing to immediately. Let you know when it is fully functional
Hey, Marcus, I followed your link to Joel's site a couple days ago and tried to leave a message, but like you say, I think it failed to transmit. May I re-broadcast it here? Thanks.

"Joel! I just got the link to your new website from the AGF, and went for a visit. Here's a raucous, hooting, foot-stomping round of applause for a job well done! I am really, really impressed with all of it. Your guitars are ravishingly beautiful. I am certain your career in lutherie will be highly distinguished, and you will be recognized as one of Planet Earth's best acoustic guitar makers. Best of good fortune to you!
-Steve the Edwinson"

I guess you all can tell, I'm a huge fan of Joel Michaud's work. All of you players out there who are looking for a superlative instrument that is still affordable had better get in line now, because Joel's stock is going nowhere but UP!
Old 11-03-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Hey, Marcus, I followed your link to Joel's site a couple days ago and tried to leave a message, but like you say, I think it failed to transmit. May I re-broadcast it here? Thanks.

"Joel! I just got the link to your new website from the AGF, and went for a visit. Here's a raucous, hooting, foot-stomping round of applause for a job well done! I am really, really impressed with all of it. Your guitars are ravishingly beautiful. I am certain your career in lutherie will be highly distinguished, and you will be recognized as one of Planet Earth's best acoustic guitar makers. Best of good fortune to you!
-Steve the Edwinson"

I guess you all can tell, I'm a huge fan of Joel Michaud's work. All of you players out there who are looking for a superlative instrument that is still affordable had better get in line now, because Joel's stock is going nowhere but UP!
Hey Steve, that is SUCH a nice thing to say! Joel is following this thread and is in the midst of attempting to join this forum so we might be seeing more of him in the future I'm sure he will be very touched by your message. I know I was! Haha

And I have to second everything you just said. I have nothing but positive things to say about Joel both as a luthier and as a friend

If I may say so myself, one of his rosettes inspired by yours is one of my favourites and I'm very much looking forward to your guitars here in Singapore's Heirlooms Music
Old 11-15-2014, 02:13 AM

Joel will be building me an 00 with a scoop too. I was really impressed with the sound of his guitars. We will be guitar brothers!
Old 11-16-2014, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
Joel will be building me an 00 with a scoop too. I was really impressed with the sound of his guitars. We will be guitar brothers!
Hey Jay! Was wondering when you would chime in haha Yes we will be indeed!

Last edited by Marcus Wong; 11-16-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:37 PM

Default Michaud OO-R Demo

Happy New Year to you all! Here is the demo video of the Michaud OO-R Koa Engelmann. Hope you guys enjoy it

Old 01-06-2015, 04:44 PM

Wow! Fantastic playing, fantastic sounding guitar!
Old 01-06-2015, 05:12 PM

Default NGD: Michaud OO-R Koa Engelmann

Excellent in all aspects

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
engelmann, joel michaud, koa, memphis guitar festival, oo-r