The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-14-2010, 07:56 AM

I figured that's what you meant. My guitar teacher (perhaps idiosyncratically) generally says "lead" to refer to playing single-note lines with a pick but calls it "solo" or just "melody" otherwise. Probably just his thing. Couldn't imagine you were doing it with a pick on that guitar.
Singing the I've Wasted My Whole Life Blues
---Warren Malone "Whole Life Blues"
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 AM

I've become quite fond of the NS74CE I bought this past spring. I haven't plugged it in yet, but I'm not worried about that. I've got all the sound equipment I need to make it ring.

This guitar is, to my ears, well-balanced, warm, and pianistic. It doesn't jump out like some guitars, but for a production instrument w/ a cedar top, I'm not disappointed. Its sound is sort of like my personality, in that it's coherent and well-modulated, but not barking loud. It's beautifully made, easy to play well, and it stays in tune and plays precisely across the fingerboard. I'm a player, not a connoisseur, and it suits my needs. I enjoy just looking at it, and it makes me feel good to hold it and play it. What else is there?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyhymnia View Post
I've become quite fond of the NS74CE I bought this past spring. I haven't plugged it in yet, but I'm not worried about that. I've got all the sound equipment I need to make it ring.

This guitar is, to my ears, well-balanced, warm, and pianistic. It doesn't jump out like some guitars, but for a production instrument w/ a cedar top, I'm not disappointed. Its sound is sort of like my personality, in that it's coherent and well-modulated, but not barking loud. It's beautifully made, easy to play well, and it stays in tune and plays precisely across the fingerboard. I'm a player, not a connoisseur, and it suits my needs. I enjoy just looking at it, and it makes me feel good to hold it and play it. What else is there?
I like the way my NS74ce smells too!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical