The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 01-28-2012, 11:30 AM

Default FS: Pendulum SPS-1 preamp and module

For sale is my Pendulum SPS-1. Comes with pickup/mic preamp and footswitch. Excellent condition, $1400.

Also have a rack, and BSS DPR-901ii dynamic equalizer (frequency specific compressor), if you're interested in a package deal. The BSS unit can bring out a giant sound in the acoustic guitar, by compressing only certain frequencies (four bands, parametric).

The Pendulum has been a great unit. I've gigged professionally with it, and there is nothing that matches it. Period. That said, it's important to know how to use it, or learn how. It's not rocket science, but takes a bit of practice, especially if you're gigging through different PA systems. I used mine through many systems, and at high-end gigs, this thing is awesome. For smaller gigs, I have a Bose system. It's still good, but there are limitations in the frequency response and power output of the Bose that can't bring out all that the Pendulum has to offer. I'm selling it because I've made the move from folk singer to yoga teacher, and don't want to spend all my playing time dialing in my sound. I'm going back to the plug and play method. I'd be happy to supply photos, or more info, on request.

Cheers!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 AM

Is this unit still available?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:26 PM

Hello rseiffert - I have one available, just haven't taken the plunge to list it yet... Mine is the preamp but no "guitar module", still have all original packing, box etc, just a few years old - $1,500...

Thanks, Mike
Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 PM

Mine did sell a few months back.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:51 AM

Hi MikeTX,

Thanks for the offer but I'm hoping to find a setup with the mic/pickup module and a bit lower price.

Rob

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
big acoustic sound, for sale, live audio, live sound, preamp