The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-20-2016, 08:12 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

I personally had a great time. I would have bought a guitar if I wasn't already picking up a Baranik commission. Next Memphis I'm coming with brass in pocket to shell out. The venue was great. Well organized. Loved the Graceland tour, loved Beale street. The whole weekend was imho perfect. I'll be there. Hopefully with my wife's blessing otherwise I'll have to be kidnapped crossroads style and hobo from Key West to Memphis. Gots to bring a blues box in that case. Practice the slide. Drink some moonshine, stop off at Hank Williams grave, and commune with those spirits a little.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:42 PM

Never been to any guitar gathering ever so this will be my first.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Default Memphis

I got all signed up for this coming show and can't wait till June, it's like waiting for Christmas when I was a little tyke. One of my guitar playing sons (this one's a much better player than me ) will be flying in from Florida to join me and I'll be coming down from Indiana. He really loves my custom Edwinson and is looking forward to seeing all the different builders and what they have to offer in comparison.
FastJimmy
Old 10-25-2016, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Jimmy View Post
I got all signed up for this coming show and can't wait till June, it's like waiting for Christmas when I was a little tyke. One of my guitar playing sons (this one's a much better player than me ) will be flying in from Florida to join me and I'll be coming down from Indiana. He really loves my custom Edwinson and is looking forward to seeing all the different builders and what they have to offer in comparison.
FastJimmy
Sign up? I understand there is an entrance fee but isn't this open to the general public?
Old 10-25-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
Sign up? I understand there is an entrance fee but isn't this open to the general public?
It is open to the public, but if you buy your tickets online, it will be cheaper AND you will have the opportunity to buy the optional evening performances at the Hard Rock and headliner Tommy Emmanuel (which aren't on the site yet). These are always sold out before the festival.
http://www.memphisguitarfest.com/Tickets2017.html
Old 10-25-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Guitar View Post
It is open to the public, but if you buy your tickets online, it will be cheaper AND you will have the opportunity to buy the optional evening performances at the Hard Rock and headliner Tommy Emmanuel (which aren't on the site yet). These are always sold out before the festival.
http://www.memphisguitarfest.com/Tickets2017.html
Fantastic. I'm glad I asked. Thank you both.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Charter Member

Default Memphis show

Glad you caught it Sage97, if you wanted to see Tommy E. and missed out on the tickets, it'd be a shame.
I've never been to one of these shows and am so looking forward to it. I met the builder of my custom Edwinson, Steve Edwinson, of Edwinson Guitars prior to sealing the deal and you couldn't ask to meet a nicer more knowledgeable person willing to share his thoughts and philosophy regarding guitar building. I'm assuming most of the vendors showcasing their goods will be of a like personality and I can't wait to meet them. And play their guitars of course!
FastJimmy
Old 10-26-2016, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Jimmy View Post
Glad you caught it Sage97, if you wanted to see Tommy E. and missed out on the tickets, it'd be a shame.
I've never been to one of these shows and am so looking forward to it. I met the builder of my custom Edwinson, Steve Edwinson, of Edwinson Guitars prior to sealing the deal and you couldn't ask to meet a nicer more knowledgeable person willing to share his thoughts and philosophy regarding guitar building. I'm assuming most of the vendors showcasing their goods will be of a like personality and I can't wait to meet them. And play their guitars of course!
FastJimmy
I have one from Steve and would be glad to finally meet him and others. And I've never seen Tommy E.

Looking forward to this.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:13 AM

Default Looking forward to Memphis

I've heard great things about the Memphis show. Really looking forward to it!
Old 10-28-2016, 05:04 AM

Default Tommy Emmanuel Tickets

There are a many people buying tickets...which is a bit surprising that tickets are being bought 7 1/2 months early, as I only have festival tickets available on the site, because I don't have all the information and times for the workshops or concerts. Many people want Tommy's tickets as well, so they will be on the site today...which means they could be sold out before the website is even complete. If you are planning on coming...the first thing to do is make reservations for the room, as the special prices are for a limited amount of rooms, then buy the ticket prices for the festival, then the Tommy Emmanuel Show (limited to only 300) and/or Hard Rock Cafe (limited to only (150). They could SOLD OUT before the website is completed...doing this as a convience for my attendees. THIS INCLUDES LUTHIERS.
Bob
Festival Director
Old 10-28-2016, 08:05 AM

Many thanks for this, Bob!
Regards,
Fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 10-28-2016, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

This will be my first Guitar Festival and my first trip to Memphis.

I've booked the Hilton and purchased the festival tickets just now, and plan to arrive Wednesday so I'll have a day to be a Memphis tourist.

Looking forward to seeing the McKnights 'on display', as well as their competition.

Huss & Dalton CM
McKnight MacNaught
Breedlove Custom 000
Albert & Mueller S
Martin LXE
Voyage-Air VM04
Eastman AR605CE
Old 10-28-2016, 09:53 AM

I'm BOOKED! First fest. Looking forward to attending with significant other (Amy).

See you there!

Chris

The Acoustics

Tom Doerr - Trinity. Flamed Maple under Swiss
Tom Doerr - M/D. Braz under Red
Old 10-28-2016, 01:20 PM

I plan on wearing my AGF shirt.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
I plan on wearing my AGF shirt.
How does a member acquire an AGF shirt?

Huss & Dalton CM
McKnight MacNaught
Breedlove Custom 000
Albert & Mueller S
Martin LXE
Voyage-Air VM04
Eastman AR605CE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop