The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-29-2001, 10:24 AM

Post Picked up my first Taylor!!!

Just a quick note to introduce myself and the to let everyone know of my first Taylor purchase.....

I have a Guitar Center about 5 mins from where I work and I visit the store often during lunch. Last week I picked up a Taylor 310 and immediately fell in love with it. From there I knew I'd much appreciate one. I went home, sold some comic books and picked up a 310CE. To my untrained ear, the 310 and the 310CE sounded similar, maybe the cutaway reduced some volume....

In any case, this guitar rocks and was worth every cent. I always thought acoustics were acoustics, but man, I was dead wrong. It may not be the most boomiest guitar around, but the string tone is amazingly balanced. Chords and notes just sing!! I tried Martins, Guilds, Larrivee, Yamaha, Ovations, and some Tacoma's that were all in a similar price range, but nothing played like the Taylor!!

I know I only own a 300 series, but at this time, it was all I could afford!! I really wanted an 810, but that will have to wait for a long long time.

Oh yeah, a little about myself. 29 year old UNIX geek. Primarily play electric guitar. Primary style is Jazz, but always up for a hard blues jam.

Thanks for reading my post and I'm sure you'll hear from me again!
Old 05-29-2001, 11:06 AM

Thumbs up

Hey there TaylorPoor!

Greetings to another 310 owner! Great to see that you really enjoy your 310 and also got a 310ce to accompany it!

I've had mine for almost 11 months now and she's a beauty! I tell ya~ just owning a Taylor for nearly a year has already opened my eyes and ears to how guitar playing should be and it doesn't end there! You will find Sapele a really wonderful alternative sound to mahogany or rosewood

Congrats on your two babies and i hope you'll continue to enjoy your geetars in good health!
TGF #66

2008 Taylor 714ce
2008 Taylor 914ce (mine but on a temporary "loan" to my dad )
1999 Taylor 310 9906100xx ex-owner
1999 Taylor 310 9911310xx ex-owner

Eu sou brasileiro-coreano com muito orgulho!
Old 05-29-2001, 11:25 AM

Talking

Hi There,

Congratulations on your new guitar. I wouldn't exactly say you're guitar is a cheap, it just looks simpler. If you close your eyes and play a 310 and a 810, chances are, you would say that the extra $1000 bucks is not worth the difference. Not that 810 is a bad guitar for the money, but Taylor makes high quality guitars, which makes the low-end models still tonally desirable. Save your money, learn other computer languages/ operating system. Buy computer books!
Old 05-29-2001, 12:20 PM

Oh No! I played a 310, but decided on the 310CE because of the cutaway and electronics. Other than the word "Taylor" on the headstock, I kinda like the unassuming look of the guitar. Never had a guitar with a ebony fretboard. I still can't believe I own a Taylor. BTW, Its stored in a SKB hardshell case. Talking about it makes me want to go home and play it!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor Poor:
<STRONG>.Talking about it makes me want to go home and play it!!!</STRONG>
I know what you mean! I bought my first Taylor in 1996, and I'd still MUCH rather be home playing than here at work.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion