The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-11-2015, 03:16 PM

Default Hey buzz

Playing yourself out front doesn't count because now you have a whole new set of problems vibrating the top. Def let someone else play from stage while you go for a listen. I have in addition to playing been serious about production for twenty years and it's always here we go when someone with a wireless comes out to see what their acoustic sounds like. It usually sounds as good as it is going to, by the time they get back to stage acceptable has turned to tinny crap. Hey, your show, that's what you want, you picked it :-)
Old 12-11-2015, 10:09 PM

I had a guitar with a Lyric. If the Lyric were 3/4 to full volume, I had the issue or could at least reproduce that. So, let's take a scenario...

You do a sound check with no people...sounds ok and have enough gain. The sound person has the volume set. BUT, you have a "control"

So, live mode happens. Now, if you want a bit more gain...you can conveniently "turn up the Lyric" to boost it. Do you do that?

if so, and if that's causing some of the issue then try this. Set your Lyric at half volume...have the sound guy (you?) set it for the expected level...then you won't have to boost more than 3/4 for a live gig. Curious as to whether that helps.

BradM

bradM - SW Ohio - love to pick!

<{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}><
Old 12-12-2015, 09:51 AM

Have you tried a sound hole cover?..
Old 12-15-2015, 10:10 AM

I've decided to try an inexpensive dual pickup system in my CEO-7. I've ordered the Dean Markley DI MAX 2-Channel Guitar Pre Amp that'll combine the signals of my Baggs Lyric and a new DiMarzio Black Angel. I'll write a report later.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:36 AM

BTW, Sweetwater doesn't have the Black Angel in their catalogue but they can special order it.

Now I just need to decide if I want a second end pin jack or try to find someone to modify the Lyric.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification