The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
...But I suspect that - if the Roman Catholic Church is correct and there IS a Purgatory - I'm likely to spend ten or twenty thousand years in Purgatory for having sold so many crappy luan dulcimer kits to so many nice, unsuspecting people....Wade Hampton Miller
Wade,

It can't be that bad! Maybe 10 or 20 years, that's all... And if it helps any, I haven't heard any discussions about Purgatory for quite a long time.

- Glenn
Old 09-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Nato is not a Mahogany. It is a Mahogany "look" wood mostly used in furniture making. All of Yamaha's non L series necks have been Nato for many years. I have older Yamaha laminate guitars with Mahogany necks. The Mahogany made a difference in the tone in my opinion. I love the FG730s. I wonder if it would be that much more special with Mahogany. I would still take it over the Spanish Cedar Martin uses on the necks of their more economical line. That stuff takes a ding like Balsa Wood.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:12 PM

As long as it's hard then it makes a good tone wood.
Epiphone MM-30
Italia Maranello Speedster
Old 09-17-2010, 09:52 AM

After I wrote that I'd probably get thousands of years in Purgatory for selling terrible mountain dulcimers made of cardboard-like luan to perfectly nice, unsuspecting people, Glenn replied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
It can't be that bad! Maybe 10 or 20 years, that's all... And if it helps any, I haven't heard any discussions about Purgatory for quite a long time.
Glenn, even though my church has no doctrine regarding this, from a purely administrative standpoint Purgatory has always made a lot of sense to me, especially when you consider the absolutism traditionally associated with the other two possible destinations. Most of us are somewhere in the "muddy middle" when it comes to our behavior and personal histories.

What's more, simply by being an Episcopalian I figure I've already been booked into the "Extended Stay" section of Purgatory, and the selling of shoddy luan plywood dulcimers to unsuspecting flatland tourists will merely add a few more millennia to that!

Wade Hampton "Yes, I'm A Sinner!" Miller
Old 09-17-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
After I wrote that I'd probably get thousands of years in Purgatory for selling terrible mountain dulcimers made of cardboard-like luan to perfectly nice, unsuspecting people, Glenn replied:

Glenn, even though my church has no doctrine regarding this, from a purely administrative standpoint Purgatory has always made a lot of sense to me, especially when you consider the absolutism traditionally associated with the other two possible destinations. Most of us are somewhere in the "muddy middle" when it comes to our behavior and personal histories.

What's more, simply by being an Episcopalian I figure I've already been booked into the "Extended Stay" section of Purgatory, and the selling of shoddy luan plywood dulcimers to unsuspecting flatland tourists will merely add a few more millennia to that!

Wade Hampton "Yes, I'm A Sinner!" Miller
To clarify: Purgatory=Standing in line at the DMV. Not to worry you get credit for time served in the next life.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
......What's more, simply by being an Episcopalian ........

I thought you were saying you would have to do extra time because you an Epiphonist,(someone that plays an Epiphone.

Gotta stop reading so fast.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion