The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-21-2017, 11:58 AM

Default Marshall SuperVibe chorus pedal SV-1....

The Marshall SuperVibe Chorus SV-1 pedal just arrived. This was a gamble that paid off. It sounds really nice. Nice professional sound without being too much. I compared it to the BOSS Chorus ensemble and the BOSS Super Chorus, as they are all stereo. Initial tests show the SuperVibe to be the best sounding. I think that's the one I'm going to use the most. It's really hard to pinpoint what I'm hearing, but it sounds more professional to my ears. I could hear the difference right away. I want to do more tests with it, but so far I'm really impressed with it.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M
Old 04-21-2017, 12:18 PM

Well I just tried a Double Drop D tuning and played Treetop Flyer for a sound test....sounded very much like the record. Actually the best I've heard so far. Yes this is now the permanent main chorus in my rig. It just sounds great.

Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 04-21-2017, 01:17 PM

This Marshall pedal sounded so good I decided to look into the Marshal Reflector reverb pedal as well. This is a studio quality reverb pedal. I found one on ebay and bought it. I listened to a few demo's on You Tube and was impressed with it's sound....again, sounded professional.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 04-21-2017, 07:25 PM

Again, so impressed with the Marshall Chorus pedal, I decided to get the Blues Breaker II pedal too. There's just something about the sound of the Marshall pedals that I really really like. They sound like they belong in a recording studio, they don't sound cheap. They sound like a step up from the BOSS pedals.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 04-22-2017, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Since you seem to be on a real pedal adventure let me recommend perhaps for your consideration the Soul Driven by Xotic overdrive/boost pedal I posted about in this forum. I honestly don't know much about pedals but the guy I have been taking lead guitar and guitar music theory lessons from . Is a 35 year veteran professional guitarist had one, and insisted I should consider it for my OD boost pedal and I absolutely agree .

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SoulDrivenReg

This is said to be very much the like original limited run version that I got, which definitely delivered on the sales verbiage of clean boost without the harsh overdriven sounds of many OD pedals.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 04-22-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:45 AM

I'm happy to say my pedal buying days are just about over. I have the Timmy coming for my OD pedal. I have the octave fuzz, the DS-1, and the Dark Horse and the tube screamer, I don't think I need anymore OD pedals at this time. With the two Marshall pedals I have coming that should just about do it. Now it's back to practicing. I've got plenty of work to do right there. Having all these pedals gives me many great playing options and sounds to work with.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M
Old 04-22-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Maniac View Post
Well I just tried a Double Drop D tuning and played Treetop Flyer for a sound test....sounded very much like the record.
May we assume you did it on the D-35 or did you go after a Falcon sound from you Gretsch?

Last edited by Mycrotone; 04-22-2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-22-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycrotone View Post
May we assume you did it on the D-35 or did you go after a Falcon sound from you Gretsch?
I tried both and got better results from the Gretsch. The D-35 does sound nice thru the SuperVibe, but the Gretsch sounds better. The D-35 going thru all the electronics of the pedal board makes it sound like an electric guitar more than an acoustic. The D-35 sounds best going straight into the Fender SFX amp. The Gretsch though has a beautiful sound of it's own. The D-35 with the Lyric pickup was giving me some feedback problems thru the pedal board.

I've been jamming out all afternoon...I have to admit I'm liking the BOSS DS-1 Distortion box. (Keep on rockin' in the free world...)
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

M

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars