The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-25-2017, 08:39 AM

Default Waiting For A Rainbow....

There's a local Folk Music Club (here in the UK) that I've had a long association with. Every year they have a "Write a new Folk Song competition". This year's theme was "Magic and Mystery". There were 30 entries and 10 finalists. The final was last night.

Delighted to say that I won with this song, a true story about one of the crazy occupations I have had over the years. I hope you like it.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:54 AM
Charter Member

Very well done, Julian! Excellent song writing! I can very much understand why you won the local songwriting contest!

The song is very well crafted, and to my ears seems very old fashioned, like something from the days of Vaudeville. Which is a good thing from my viewpoint. People wrote some great songs back in those days.

My congratulations!

- Glenn
Old 11-25-2017, 10:27 AM

Very nice, Julian! I really like your voice and also the sort of talking/sort of singing vocal style (I'm sure there's a technical name for this style, but I don't know it, LOL). And, congratulations on a nice accomplishment . . .
Old 11-26-2017, 03:48 AM

Thanks guys.
Your kind comments are much appreciated!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell