The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-05-2024, 02:07 PM

Default Anyone here have a Two Notes Opus? Thoughts?

I have a Nux Optima Air, and previously a Nux Stageman. I've determined that Air has noise issues, especially lately, trying to use the XLR DI out, which turned out to be uber noisy. I am playing a Godin Multiac (Piezo side), an Octave Mandolin (K & K), and Baggs Anthem. Not all at once.

I combed here and also checked out Aaron Short's excellent YT shootout (which is now a bit out of date). I've wondered whether the Opus deals with the Nux Air's limitation (a great device for its price point especially).

Aaron is pretty high on the Air, but many others are also having issues with noise on the AIR.

If you had an AIR, and now have a Opus, I would leave to her your thoughts and potentially talk to you directly.
Old 02-05-2024, 06:52 PM

Oh no! I have an Optima Air on order…mostly because of how good it sounded on Aaron’s video.

The Two Notes Opus video that Cuki did sounds really good. Other videos don’t sound nearly as good. It’s mostly for electric tones it seems.
Old 02-05-2024, 08:39 PM

Just a question about the Optima’s noise problem: is it just through the XLR DI out?
Old 02-06-2024, 01:15 PM

I’m seeing a lot of reports online that the NUX Optima Air is only noisy when you are sharing the power supply (like on a pedalboard).
Old 02-08-2024, 11:00 AM
Charter Member

I use the Opus as my amp for my electric guitar setup for church. The electric guitar amps in there are great and the preamp, cab and reverb stuff is awesome. A nice unit for my purposes. Never even considered trying to plug in an acoustic guitar...now I shall!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification