The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-28-2001, 11:07 PM

Post New Cases Here Yet?

Has anyone seen the new (Mexican built) cases in the dealers yet?
From what I read, all Taylors-300 series on up will come with the new Taylor luggage style case built in Taylors new case factory in Mexico. I figure it would take a while to clear out the remaing stock of SKB Taylor cases that were standard on the 300 & 400 series,but that time must be fast approaching. Anyone seen the new cases with the 300-400 series Taylors?
Unidentified Beater Classical
Old 05-28-2001, 11:18 PM

It looks like they are starting to appear. I may depend on the dealer. I'm guessing most places need to sell their older ones with the SKB cases, before they get the new ones.

But it does look like some are out there now. (See the thread "Pics of my new 414mace") He just got a 414, with, by all appearances, a luggage-style Taylor case. (So, unless he did some extra bartering to upgrade his case, there are some of the new cases out there.)
Old 05-29-2001, 10:09 AM

I bought a 714ce in early May and it came with
the new style case. It seems rugged enough
and the fit is really good. I would like to compare it to the old style case sometime.
Old 05-29-2001, 10:20 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

I'm not sure if they're shipping with the new cases yet, instead of the SKB case. I paid for an upgrade for my 412CE, and it came with the new Mexican case, with the new handle and new latches, etc. It seems solid enough - I have no complaints. Seems at least as solid as the last case. I'm not sure if I prefer the new handle, but I do like the way the new handle attaches to the case better. There have been some complaints about the small latches too, but I like the fact that they seem to work a lot faster than the old latches. I can get in and out of the case as super-speed with the new latches.

I still miss the plush pink interior, though...

J.R. Rogers
Old 05-29-2001, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.R. Rogers:I can get in and out of the case as super-speed with the new latches.

J.R. Rogers[/QB]
It will come in handy if you ever have to draw out your axe with a run at "Stairway" to fight off them Chainstore clerks. Where is my ZZ Top guitar strap when I need it. LOL!! JW

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion