The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-26-2012, 05:49 PM

Default Finding (3-part) Finger-Picking Sheet Music Help

Okay, so I'm learning guitar and was baffled for the longest time of why most sheet music just had the melody along with the chords listed at the top of each measure...

So I got the answer, the chords are there for two primary reasons (1) to play chords if you wish to sing, but more so (2) to provide help (a visual clue) in making an arrangement, that is, telling the arranger what chord to use for adding a base line and/or accompanying voice (in the middle).

So here's my problem(s), I'm not skilled enough (or have the time) to make my own arrangements, plus I can't sing! So, wanting to be in the fingerstyle space, I'm looking for sheetmusic, regular or tabular, that provides all three voices (melody, accompany and bass).

Problem is, I can't find it! Most web sites have very limited tabs, most books are for beginner (or it seems).

My Goal: Find complete sheet-music for 12-20 challenging fingerstyle guitar pieces, (Remember, all guitar no singing), that I could practice the heck out of where I could eventually gig at the local coffee shop, or something like that.

Style/genre I'm thinking about... anything fingerpicking (i.e., something like this celtic style by Gerald Sheppard for Star of the County Down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GIErQ0YWNI)... would be cool.

Thanks for the help!
Robert

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion