The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
Thanks Turp. You and I sound similar. I used to be heavily into ice climbing and had two falls... one of them broke my ankle. And I've been into mountain biking for the past 22 years or so. I've been over the bars four times in the last two years, one of which tore my left bicep, and the last of which had my right calf impaled on a tree branch and me riding out of that trail area with a tourniquet tied around my calf to keep from bleeding-out. Had to have two layers of stitches for that one. I don't ride crazy, but things happen on trails and I'm not ready to just give it all up and die slowly in my recliner. But still... at least I'm not riding down hills in shopping carts or skateboarding off of buildings like some of these kids. I just cringe whenever I see programs that show crash & burns.
I love mountain biking and ride just because I love being in the woods and cycling. The experience and challenge is awesome.

My neck injury came from a very innocent bump that occurred when I hit an unexpected bump that got transmitted through the saddle up my spine. Usually, I'd have been off the saddle so my legs would have absorbed the shock, but I was in the process of unclipping so I could get my footing if I had to stop. If I'd been on a full suspension bike it likely wouldn't have happened. I've had much worse falls and incidents and my technique had advanced quite a bit where incidents were very infrequent.

Like you said, things happen. Thankfully my recovery is going well and at age 50, and knowing what neck looks like (MRI), I'll slow down a little. Just a little! Good luck and be well.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:48 PM

Hey Johnny, My Lady and I just spent some Elegant time with a good Chardonnay listening to your Sound Cloud recordings!!!. Excellent!. Hal.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
Hey Johnny, My Lady and I just spent some Elegant time with a good Chardonnay listening to your Sound Cloud recordings!!!. Excellent!. Hal.
Nice Hal! Glad you enjoyed them! And hopefully between the chardonnay and my tunes, you two made some beautiful music of your own! ;-)
Old 03-25-2017, 03:06 AM

Now that you're famous, don't forget your friends when you are rich!

Well done, that man! Sharing your problems with others helps those who are having a hard time of it to realise that they are not alone. My wife has been chronically ill for 30 odd years. We were at a conference only recently and some of the flattering comments she received from others, there, were quite humbling. To the effect that they could see God's peace and presence in her, belying the pain that she constantly suffers.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
Nice Hal! Glad you enjoyed them! And hopefully between the chardonnay and my tunes, you two made some beautiful music of your own! ;-)

UH...Yes we did!. Thanks!!!.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:18 AM

Everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical