The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 11:05 AM

Default TLH Guitars - whats the word?

I ran across this builder,Terry L. Heilig (tlhguitars.com), and I may be interested in a guitar he has available, but I can't find any feedback on his work or customer satisfaction. I've exchanged email with him - seems like a nice guy. If anyone has an experience with his builds, I'd appreciate your opinions.

Thanks
AF
Old 12-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

I actually have several guitar playing friends who know Terry. One who bought a guitar from him. I haven't played one of his guitars but I know some who have. He gets better and better with each build like most luthiers do. I say check em out the price is right for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFNospam View Post
I ran across this builder,Terry L. Heilig (tlhguitars.com), and I may be interested in a guitar he has available, but I can't find any feedback on his work or customer satisfaction. I've exchanged email with him - seems like a nice guy. If anyone has an experience with his builds, I'd appreciate your opinions.

Thanks
AF

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 12-08-2010, 11:34 AM

Thanks. Anyone have direct experience?
Old 12-08-2010, 01:28 PM

Hi,
I've never heard of that particular guitar before either, but that L00 in the Doxology video sounds fantastic! Big sound for a small body. It's always tough to know, but he seems like he's making a nice sounding guitar at a reasonable price. Tom
Cole Clark Angel 2 BLBL Sunburst
Kronbauer TDK Mini Jumbo Macassar/Adi
Old 07-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

I recently got to demo a Adi/Walnut Dreadnought from TLH Guitars. I made a youtube video if anyone is interested!! Great bang for the buck for handbuilt guitars. Made in Truckee CA by Terry Heilig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL6vs-qNoAc

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Charter Member

I bought one of his guitars on e-bay $750 which self destructed and I resold for $35 at our garage sale. I would say proceed with caution. The great youtube clips where all I had to go on as well. I think he is a developing talent, and I will say that he offered to refund my purchase in the form of putting it towards one of his new guitars-I will not be a return customer.
Schecter California Classic Strat 1990s
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion