The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-22-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
I bought and returned an original Blade with the screwed on back. It was damaged in shipping; one of the screws that held the outer cloth to the hard back was pushed into the guitar...
This was an ongoing problem, I recall we had to modify the screws before shipping guitars to customers.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Charter Member

I like the look of a Blade and would consider buying one just to leave in my car. My idea...a hollow, 24.75" or 25" scale. And I'd swap the pickups for something closer to P90. That would be pretty awesome. By the way, Flaxwood makes something very close to a CF-style guitar, more like a bowling ball in terms of materials. Very nice instruments, good prices for something used.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 11-22-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
This was an ongoing problem, I recall we had to modify the screws before shipping guitars to customers.
Another typo of mine... That should have read hard bag. The foam interior of the bag was held in place by screws from the outer cloth of the bag. I think it was an SKB "soft case". Hit one of those screws hard enough and it would go completely through the foam and into the guitar.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 11-25-2016, 04:13 PM
Guest 928

In reviewing the discussion of an electric carbon fiber guitar, it's clear that price point is a major issue. I'm not sure that issue as important as it might seem.

For example, there are a number of thin-bodied, hollow, electric nylon string guitars at very low prices: Hadean EA-100 at $149.00, Antonio Hermosa AH-50 for $228.00, and so forth. The guitars noted are somewhat like the Rick Turner and Kirk Sand guitars which sell for many thousands of dollars.

I think there are two reasons for the highs and lows, quality and rarity. An electric guitar made by Blackbird, Emerald, Peavey, or Rainsong could be really nice and would certainly be rare.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
In reviewing the discussion of an electric carbon fiber guitar, it's clear that price point is a major issue. I'm not sure that issue as important as it might seem.

For example, there are a number of thin-bodied, hollow, electric nylon string guitars at very low prices: Hadean EA-100 at $149.00, Antonio Hermosa AH-50 for $228.00, and so forth. The guitars noted are somewhat like the Rick Turner and Kirk Sand guitars which sell for many thousands of dollars.

I think there are two reasons for the highs and lows, quality and rarity. An electric guitar made by Blackbird, Emerald, Peavey, or Rainsong could be really nice and would certainly be rare.
Emerald has done some electrics, but none as a production model, me thinks.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Guest 928

I can see/hear an Emerald pursuing the Kirk Sand dream. This would be a carbon fiber, thin-bodied, nylon string guitar, a superior jazz guitar, a woody by Alistair.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber