The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-18-2016, 04:15 PM
Charter Member

Cool Review of my Emerald Guitars X20 artisan on youtube...

Hey everybody! I've started a Youtube channel where I'll be reviewing instruments, studio gear, and will post original music and guitar lessons etc. For the time being, the content will be audio only.

To kick things off, here is a review of my Emerald X20 artisan:

https://youtu.be/27n8f4XrOIE
Old 10-18-2016, 04:27 PM

No video here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Guest 928

got the audio, no video.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Charter Member

Default Correct... No video.

Okay, I pointed this out in the first post but I guess I have to clarify...

There is no video.

I'm totally blind and while I can use the computer and do audio editing etc using a screen reading program, there is no reliable way I can shoot my own videos by myself. I mean I could try I guess but I'm sure the results would be a disaster!

Anyways, if these reviews and future content on my channel lead to something promising or lead to more work, then I will hire somebody to shoot and edit the video for me. Until that time, it's ears only folks.

Thanks for reading.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:51 PM

No problem. Missed the part about audio only. Guess I am blind too!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2016, 07:50 PM
Charter Member

Excellent playing and the guitar sounds very good as far as I can tell on my computer speakers. Thanks for posting that!
Old 10-18-2016, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

Thanks! Much appreciated.

I love carbon fiber instruments and if this ends up turning a couple people on to the cf guitar world, then that would make it worth it.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioman001 View Post
Thanks! Much appreciated.

I love carbon fiber instruments and if this ends up turning a couple people on to the cf guitar world, then that would make it worth it.
↑↑ I love THIS. ↑↑

You mention that you are blind and that you love carbon fiber instruments. This means that you must rely on the ear far more than most of us not having the ability to use your eyes. You are picking your guitar based purely on sound- pretty much that means an expert opinion on the modern tone of CF.

Congratulations on your Emerald, and just in case you are wondering, they are gorgeous instruments!
Old 10-18-2016, 10:07 PM

Thanks for posting the review. Enjoyed it!

What strings were you using?
Old 10-19-2016, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioman001 View Post
Hey everybody! I've started a Youtube channel where I'll be reviewing instruments, studio gear, and will post original music and guitar lessons etc. For the time being, the content will be audio only.

To kick things off, here is a review of my Emerald X20 artisan:

https://youtu.be/27n8f4XrOIE
Hi studioman001,

What a very insightful and educational review you posted, not to mention the wonderful guitar-playing. Thank you very much and best wishes from all the team.

Sean
Old 10-19-2016, 09:31 AM
Charter Member

Great review, good playing and the x20 sounds fantastic unplugged. I cant wait for my x20 to arrive.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:39 AM

Kudos to you studioman001!!! You are quite the inspiration Amigo, and since you are an "auditory" expert, I look forward to more of your reviews!!!
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 10-20-2016, 08:37 AM
Charter Member

Well done!
Old 10-20-2016, 03:30 PM
Guest 928

001;

I feel I should apologize for my general stupidity. First, I rushed ahead to the music and missed your clear statement that there was no visual. And then, because I am really good at stacking my stupidities, I egged you on to providing a visual. I cut myself a little slack because I had no way of knowing that you are blind, but never-the-less I confess to sometimes being a total idiot.

That said, and returning to your music, Very nice. I had the Emerald X20-OSN and thought it was a marvelous instrument. It was a bit large for me and I sold it and moved on to a custom X10-OSN. If the music you make with the guitar is any indication it is a perfect fit for you.

You did say that you were thinking of having someone do video of your work and I think that's a good idea. At the risk of furthering my previous stupidity, I believe that our communication systems have become increasingly audio/visual and you might find that your work will reach a wider audience with the addition of visuals.

In any event, you are an excellent guitar player and I appreciate your bringing your music to my ears.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:37 PM
Anticipation Junkie

studio,

Thanks for doing this. I enjoyed your review and playing. If I may, I have a personal question. Feel free to answer, or not. It's often been said that when one loses a sensory ability whether vision or hearing, the remaining sense(s) becomes more acute. Is this noticeable to you? Does it somewhat depend on whether or not someone has been blind (or deaf) from birth? If your acuity picks up on the nuances of guitar tone better than sighted persons, your opinion of guitars tone, whether wood or carbon fiber, is very valuable. Assuming you've played other guitars of various build materials, do you have any thoughts/comparisons to share? I for one hope you post reviews of other guitars as time goes on.

Cheers!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
acoustic, carbonfiber, emeraldguitars, guitar, review