The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-07-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakatak View Post
A hat trick and a penalty shot. Not too bad to witness on MY first Pens game. My 9yo was out of his mind over the crowd's excitement.
Great photo!! Looks like you had good seats. Glad you and your boy had a good time. The excitement sure is contagious at the arena when the Pens are skating and scoring.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Pens beat the Sens 8-5 in a wild and wooley one!! Looked like a track meet at times.

Kwakatak, I envy you being at that one. Hope you and family had a good time and brought a spare cap to toss onto the ice when Bryan Rust scored his hat trick.
It sure did.

As a Sens fan, IMO, Ottawa should have won that game. Goaltender Anderson was clearly not on...two clear, easy to stop straight-on shots from the slot score. Coach Boucher made a mistake in not pulling him early. Backup Condon has been playing very well and should have been put it.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
It sure did.

As a Sens fan, IMO, Ottawa should have won that game. Goaltender Anderson was clearly not on...two clear, easy to stop straight-on shots from the slot score. Coach Boucher made a mistake in not pulling him early. Backup Condon has been playing very well and should have been put it.
Yes, Anderson should have been pulled earlier. Fleury wasn't on either but coach Sullivan replaced him with Murray before the half-way point of the game and stopped the bleeding.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-07-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Great photo!! Looks like you had good seats. Glad you and your boy had a good time. The excitement sure is contagious at the arena when the Pens are skating and scoring.
They weren't bad, though there was literally only one row above us. I'll take that angle over center ice any day though. I literally had a bird's eye view of the Pens scoring in the 1st and 3rd periods.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:37 AM

Neil - Great pic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagobert View Post
Oh Oilers....
McDavid is still leading the league in points. I think it's going to be between him and Crosby. Crosby is still catching up from missing those 7 games but the gap is decreasing.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Neil - Great pic!!!

McDavid is still leading the league in points. I think it's going to be between him and Crosby. Crosby is still catching up from missing those 7 games but the gap is decreasing.
Thanks. Wasn't Malkin ahead of Crosby?
Old 12-08-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Wasn't Malkin ahead of Crosby?
Yes. Malkin has 28 points (good enough for 3rd in the league). Crosby, Kessel and a bunch of other players are all tied with 27 points. Crosby leads the NHL in points per game average.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-09-2016, 06:17 AM

Crosby gets a goal (his 18th) and an assist as the Pens beat the Panthers 5-1. For the first time in a while the Pens jumped out early to a 3-0 lead and rolled to a no-drama win.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-09-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Crosby gets a goal (his 18th) and an assist as the Pens beat the Panthers 5-1. For the first time in a while the Pens jumped out early to a 3-0 lead and rolled to a no-drama win.
Crosby is now tied for 2nd in points. He keeps rolling, as does McDavid, who had a couple last night.

How about the young Pasternak for Boston? He tied Crosby for the goal lead with 18.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:29 AM

Crosby with 2 more goals (#19 and #20) in Tampa last night. Scary moment in the first period when he was cross checked into the boards and hit his head. Didn't look good, and he had to leave the ice and go to the locker room. Thankfully he was able to return to the game in the second period. Apparently he suffered a neck stinger on the play. No concussion....whew!

Pens continue to be the comeback kids. After Crosby scored the game's first goal the Pens fell behind 3-1. Pens win in regulation with a final score of 4-3. It was the sixth time this year the Pens have come from behind when down 2 or more goals to win.

Crazy stat: Only one team, the Sabres, in the entire Eastern Conference is below .500! And the Sabres are only one game under!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-11-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Crosby with 2 more goals (#19 and #20) in Tampa last night. Scary moment in the first period when he was cross checked into the boards and hit his head. Didn't look good, and he had to leave the ice and go to the locker room. Thankfully he was able to return to the game in the second period. Apparently he suffered a neck stinger on the play. No concussion....whew!

Pens continue to be the comeback kids. After Crosby scored the game's first goal the Pens fell behind 3-1. Pens win in regulation with a final score of 4-3. It was the sixth time this year the Pens have come from behind when down 2 or more goals to win.

Crazy stat: Only one team, the Sabres, in the entire Eastern Conference is below .500! And the Sabres are only one game under!
What a beautiful goal by Sid while lying on the ice!

As far as the stat, it's a little misleading. I think you need to include the Overtime Losses along with the Wins and Loses.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:10 PM

Metro teams never lose!
Flyers-10 wins in a row,
Pens-7 wins in a row,
Blue Jackets-7 wins in a row,
Capitals- 5 wins in a row.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-15-2016, 02:27 PM

Yeah, I loved how Sid knocked the puck out of mid air with his stick and into the goal like he was playing T ball! No high stick of course.

I hear you though on those trips to the locker room. After that one winter classic you just never know.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I loved how Sid knocked the puck out of mid air with his stick and into the goal like he was playing T ball! No high stick of course.

I hear you though on those trips to the locker room. After that one winter classic you just never know.
Speaking of "you just never know" my wife just informed me that Chris Letang will be out for a couple of weeks with a lower body injury. Apparently it happened last night in the game against the Bruins when David Backes checked Letang into the boards. I guess the good news is that the Pens will have their by-week starting January 1st so Letang should have plenty of time to get well.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-16-2016, 09:17 AM

Taking my son to the game tonight!
Hurricanes vs Capitals tonight!
Should be a good one..

Tonight will be a tale of two streaks.... the Capitals are on a six game winning streak. The Hurricanes are also on a streak of their own, winning their last seven games on home ice. Something has to give tonight, and it will be an exciting divisional showdown.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic