The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-28-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilo123 View Post
Saw the Rangers beat the Bruins 5-2 the other night @MSG.

<<snippet>>
Sweet!!! Although I would have preferred a Bruins win it's always great to see a game. Looks like great seats too. Do you make it to many games?
Old 10-30-2016, 05:27 AM

Pens and Flyers played a very entertaining game last night. That's not so unusual given the intensity of their long standing cross-state rivalry. What was surprising to me was the fact that they mostly just played good hockey and dispensed with all of the usual sideshow goonism and physical histrionics I've come to expect when these two teams meet. For the first time I can recall in a Pens/Flyers matchup there were no fights and no roughing minors called! Maybe world peace is possible!!

Pens came from behind to win it 5-4 with Crosby and Malkin each scoring a pair of goals. After falling behind 2-0 the Pens smoked Mason like a bad cigar with 3 goals (2 by Sid) in 55 seconds. The Flyers Jakub Voracek scored one of the prettiest goals I've ever seen on a penalty shot. Fleury didn't know whether to cry or wind his watch. Yeah, the goalies had a rough night.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-31-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Pens and Flyers played a very entertaining game last night. That's not so unusual given the intensity of their long standing cross-state rivalry. What was surprising to me was the fact that they mostly just played good hockey and dispensed with all of the usual sideshow goonism and physical histrionics I've come to expect when these two teams meet. For the first time I can recall in a Pens/Flyers matchup there were no fights and no roughing minors called! Maybe world peace is possible!!

Pens came from behind to win it 5-4 with Crosby and Malkin each scoring a pair of goals. After falling behind 2-0 the Pens smoked Mason like a bad cigar with 3 goals (2 by Sid) in 55 seconds. The Flyers Jakub Voracek scored one of the prettiest goals I've ever seen on a penalty shot. Fleury didn't know whether to cry or wind his watch. Yeah, the goalies had a rough night.
I watched that first period. Nice to see Crosby in the lineup again and scoring goals.

Rask with a shutout in his first game back with the Bruins!
Old 11-04-2016, 06:52 AM

Pens lose to LA in OT 3-2 but Crosby scores both of the Pens goals. Sid now has 6 goals and 2 assists in the 5 games he's played this season. Upcoming Crosby vs McDavid matchup on November 8th should be a must see for NHL fans.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-04-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Pens lose to LA in OT 3-2 but Crosby scores both of the Pens goals. Sid now has 6 goals and 2 assists in the 5 games he's played this season. Upcoming Crosby vs McDavid matchup on November 8th should be a must see for NHL fans.
I don't think Crosby has ever opened up a season with that many goals. Do you have tickets for the McDavid game?

Rask has won all 3 of his starts since returning from injury. Way to go, Bruins.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I don't think Crosby has ever opened up a season with that many goals. Do you have tickets for the McDavid game?

Rask has won all 3 of his starts since returning from injury. Way to go, Bruins.
Bruins obviously like having Rask back! Every time I've seen him play he's been impressive. I'll never forget his play in the 2013 Conference finals against a stacked Pens team where he allowed only 2 goals in 4 games!

Crosby isn't just scoring. He's playing the best 200 foot game of his career right now. He's been brilliant! I wish I were going to be in Pittsburgh on the 8th. For sure I'd get tickets for the Edmonton game. As it is I'll be watching on TV from Florida.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-05-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Bruins obviously like having Rask back! Every time I've seen him play he's been impressive. I'll never forget his play in the 2013 Conference finals against a stacked Pens team where he allowed only 2 goals in 4 games!

Crosby isn't just scoring. He's playing the best 200 foot game of his career right now. He's been brilliant! I wish I were going to be in Pittsburgh on the 8th. For sure I'd get tickets for the Edmonton game. As it is I'll be watching on TV from Florida.
Crosby - best playing in the world.

Carey Price - best goalie in the world. Montreal could have used him last night. Who loses 10-0 to the Blue Jackets? Shocked that coach Therrien left Montoya in the game after being down 8-0 at the end of the 2nd period. Sure. Price is playing tonight but that was just brutal. I watched the last half of the game and I was rooting for Columbus to keep scoring.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Crosby - best playing in the world.

Carey Price - best goalie in the world. Montreal could have used him last night. Who loses 10-0 to the Blue Jackets? Shocked that coach Therrien left Montoya in the game after being down 8-0 at the end of the 2nd period. Sure. Price is playing tonight but that was just brutal. I watched the last half of the game and I was rooting for Columbus to keep scoring.
Left Montoya in for 10 goals against!
Wonder what Montoya did to deserve that? Of course Therrien does have a vindictive streak. When he was coaching the Pens he got miffed at defenseman Brooks Orpik for some reason and put him in a game as a fourth line winger, a position he'd never played before in his life.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-05-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Left Montoya in for 10 goals against!
Wonder what Montoya did to deserve that? Of course Therrien does have a vindictive streak. When he was coaching the Pens he got miffed at defenseman Brooks Orpik for some reason and put him in a game as a fourth line winger, a position he'd never played before in his life.
I think Therrien left in Montoya because Price is playing today. back/to/back games and he wants Price rested. Still, no reason to leave a goalie in when you're behind 8-0 in the 2nd intermission.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:49 AM

Second rematch of last year's Stanley Cup Finals. Pens win 5-0. A very impressive win at the Shark Tank for the Pens!! Crosby with two goals for the night. He now leads the league in goals scored with 8, having played in only 6 games. He's absolutely unbelievable!!

I was in attendance for the first Sharks vs Pens rematch in Pittsburgh last month when the Pens won 3-2 without Crosby and Letang. It was a great game but the 5-0 win last night was another kind of special. With everybody healthy they had 11 different guys on the scoresheet and played almost a perfect game against a good Sharks team.

Next up McDavid vs Crosby on Tuesday.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-06-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Second rematch of last year's Stanley Cup Finals. Pens win 5-0. A very impressive win at the Shark Tank for the Pens!! Crosby with two goals for the night. He now leads the league in goals scored with 8, having played in only 6 games. He's absolutely unbelievable!!

I was in attendance for the first Sharks vs Pens rematch in Pittsburgh last month when the Pens won 3-2 without Crosby and Letang. It was a great game but the 5-0 win last night was another kind of special. With everybody healthy they had 11 different guys on the scoresheet and played almost a perfect game against a good Sharks team.

Next up McDavid vs Crosby on Tuesday.
Crosby is on such a goal scoring streak. I can't recall the last time he netted 8 in 6 games. I think he's had 3 games with 2 goals apiece?

McDavid vs Crosby, should be a good one.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:06 AM

Pens-4 Oilers-3 Didn't disappoint! If you missed this one shame on you for six weeks!

A great fast-paced game with Connor McDavid getting assists on all 3 Oiler goals. He's an incredible player. Sid didn't have any points but he was involved in 2 of the Pens goals with his forecheck and puck possession skills leading to the scoring plays. Pens started slowly and were down 3-1 in the second period before coming back to win the game in dramatic fashion with Conor Sheary's second goal of the game with less than 2 minutes left to play. Both Conor and Connor had great games!

McDavid's speed seemed to give the Pens fits which is most unusual (since it's normally the Pens speed that causes trouble for their opponents). After the game a number of Pens players including Bryan Rust and Carl Hagelin, two of the fastest guys in the league, said McDavid is the fastest player they've ever seen. Goalie Matt Murray echoed those sentiments. Wow that kid is special!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-09-2016, 10:19 AM

Holy Hockey Puck! Wings win in Phillips first time in *20* years😄
Old 11-17-2016, 09:57 AM

What happened to the Pens last night? They got hammered by the Capitals.

I wonder if that Pens' twitter feed yesterday about the Pens' showing their Stanley Cup banner next to the Caps' Division banner added motivation. It was discussed on PTI last night. I wish they hadn't tweeted that.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
What happened to the Pens last night? They got hammered by the Capitals.

I wonder if that Pens' twitter feed yesterday about the Pens' showing their Stanley Cup banner next to the Caps' Division banner added motivation. It was discussed on PTI last night. I wish they hadn't tweeted that.
Mike Sullivan questioned his team's mindset entering the game. Said the coaching staff was going to review the players preparation particulars. I thought something was wrong when the Pens had about half a dozen icing calls in the first ten minutes of the game. They just seemed off their game. To Washington's credit they jumped on the Pens mistakes like a hungry dog on a T-bone and never let up. Malkin was especially bad (even high sticking his own goalie forcing Murray from the game), Letang wasn't much better, and for the most part Crosby was trying to make plays without much help from anyone else. An old fashioned beat down of the Pens by the Caps. I found it pretty painful to watch especially how they provided Fleury (who came into the game after Murray was injured) with almost no protection defensively. Ouch!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic