The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-05-2016, 10:32 AM

Not much to nitpick about the Pats this week. The defense was pretty good for once and Gostowski may be shaking off his season long case of the yips. Tahijack I find it hard to believe that any sane person thought the Rams had a chance. Jeff Fisher? Soon to be the all time losingest coach in NFL history Jeff Fisher? In Foxboro? With as green a QB as you can find?

The most interesting game I watched was the Bills/Raiders. I was smugly thinking Jack Del Rio is in Oakland now? If they're going to the SB then somebody else is going to have to dispatch Brady/Belichick for him'.

But then I watched Derek Carr. He impressed me early when he threw the ball away rather than force something that wasn't there. He impressed me late when Oakland started clicking on all cylinders. The Raiders are legit, no doubt about it. They have more enough to overcome the ineptitude that is Jack Del Rio.

Last edited by Kerbie; 12-05-2016 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Masked profanity
Old 12-05-2016, 04:14 PM

I have no complaints about Jack Del Rio. Most stable, professional leader we've had here in 30 years. Took a 3-13 team to 7-9 now 10-2. We're thin on talent on the defensive side to boot. Hope we have him for a while.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Sure, Del Rio has definitely always been even keeled and professional. We just saw an awful lot of him on the losing end of games during his long stint in Jacksonville. It's hard to shake that image of him even though it means nothing with his Oakland unit.

If the Pats and Raiders meet up I figure we're all square in the justice department. The Raiders stole one with that bogus roughing the passer call against Sugar Bear Hamilton against Kenny Stabler enroute to one of their SB wins in the late 70's. And, well, the tuck rule game squared the slate. ;-)
Old 12-05-2016, 08:13 PM

Well for the first time this season both Cincinnati's offense and defense both showed up and took apart the Eagles.....

Taylor 514ce FLTD, Sitka/Tasmanian Blackwood from Ted at LA Guitar Sales
Taylor 618e 1st Edition, Sitka/maple (2015)
Taylor 814ce, Sitka/Rosewood (2014)
Taylor 526ce, all Mahogany (2014)
Baby Taylor, mahogany (2014)
Taylor 210ce (2014) (on consignment)
PRS S2 Custom semi-hollow body
Fender Blacktop Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro 120th
Gibson SG Classic 120th
Old 12-05-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
Sure, Del Rio has definitely always been even keeled and professional. We just saw an awful lot of him on the losing end of games during his long stint in Jacksonville. It's hard to shake that image of him even though it means nothing with his Oakland unit.

If the Pats and Raiders meet up I figure we're all square in the justice department. The Raiders stole one with that bogus roughing the passer call against Sugar Bear Hamilton against Kenny Stabler enroute to one of their SB wins in the late 70's. And, well, the tuck rule game squared the slate. ;-)
You're attempting to rationalize the crime of the century. I still can't joke about it. Most obvious manifestation of the league's hatred of Al Davis ever.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:37 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Brady just won #201, the new career record holder for wins regular season/playoffs.

JPD - how about them Lions?
ESPN panel question," Are the Lions just LuckY?".....answer.....NO, but they're not that good either
Old 12-06-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post

ESPN panel question," Are the Lions just LuckY?".....answer.....NO, but they're not that good either
Well, regardless at least they're giving their fans something to cheer about.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic